Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French essays

Options
  • 06-06-2010 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

What topics are you going to go over?

I honestly have no clue, i've managed to dig out a few of my essays over the past two years,
    combined with my notes I'll probably turn them into bullet points to try learn off :P

I'm thinking crime, racism...
    All my other essays are on the environment/technology and sport which all came up last year or the year before, am I right? :(

History same day, ughh.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I've written out essays on Technology, environment, alcohol, role of women, recession and the EU. I will forget 90% of each of them though:) I'm just trying to remember general phrases like "its a disgrace", "something must be done" "I agree with" Bla bla bla you get the idea. And diary phrases because the journal intime is FAR easier than the quen pensez vous questions I think:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pinkfoot

that's same here with me, half my class is doing the letter! it's crazy.

i blagged my way through the journal in mocks and i was close to full marks :D

ah dear, yeah i think i've given up on seperate essays and just gonna learn off good phrases the next couple days...

the listening i'll probably fail :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MagsK93

Ya my french teacher was really bad she told us didnt need to do letters then she brought everyone in for an extra class i didnt know about and started doing letters! but i prefer the journal intime anyways... id say ill study phrases for racism equality for women and the environment, maybe crime and poverty if i have time but i doubt it since ill be studying the night before :P

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

im just trying to learn words under different topics like irish economy, old people, racism, global warming, noise (it seems to come up fairly often for some reason?) the world cup, drug addiction, alcohol, smoking & the swine flu...if i know afew words under each of those, some phrases that i can stick in nomatter what the essay, & some journal intime phrases i SHOULD be okay,,right..? :confused: or can anyone suggest any other topics to learn a few phrases under..?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭zeroonetwothree

My teacher is a piece of crap and I don't know what I should study...

I should've dropped to ordinary level, but I can't do too many ordinary because points Dx

How do I study the comprehensions? Just vocab?
    Letters and notes I should be ok...
    Then the stuff at the end asking for your opinion, how do I study for them?

Thanks! Dx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Just a quick question, how do you say "something must be done". It's a really versatile phrase but I never thought of asking my teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

H2student wrote: »
    Just a quick question, how do you say "something must be done". It's a really versatile phrase but I never thought of asking my teacher.

il faut qu'on fasse quelque chose.

Advertisement