Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick wii homebrew questions

Options
  • 06-06-2010 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Out of boredom the other night I decided to mod my wii as it was gathering dust, all seemed to go well I just have a quick couple of questions.

1: Despite the wii being years old I couldn't install bootmii as boot2, although every guide I read said to do so, I didn't bother installing priiloader. Is it worth installing now? I haven't created any channels or forwarders any homebrew is launched through hbc.

2: I used usb loader gx and it worked fine, even though I read it supports NTFS I couldn't find a definitive answer; do I need a wbfs partition on my hard drive or can my ..eh... files load directly from a ntfs partition?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

well ya priiloader can help recover from a brick, so important, bootmii 2 would be better to install, if you can and if you have older wii, you should be able install, have you files in the correct order on the card? i wrote a short guide for someone a while back,

you will need to create a wbfs partition for use of wii BUmanager

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jolsen

Bootmii could only be installed as an IOS, I think the wii is from around the time Nintento changed them. The wiki for priiloader says " IT IS _HIGHLY_ RECOMMENDED TO INSTALL PRELOADER ONLY ON A WII WITH UNMODIFIED IOSs!!". I think I have a few modified IOS's at this stage so I wasn't sure if it was worth doing or not.

I used wbfs manager to format a 1g usb stick and stuck a game on it. It worked perfectly so I was going to pick up a cheap flash drive, format it to ntfs and leave all my media (music, movies...) and games on it without having a wbfs partition, if that was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

well its defo worth doing if you can, it boots itself before the main os kicks in, letting you recover from a brick, if you brick without it, good chance you'll be screwed, what you can do easy enough is re-virginise your wii make a copy of your new clean nand and keep somewhere safe, setup priiloader, and start mod process again !

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/other-stuff/virgin

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

BOBBY wrote: »
    well its defo worth doing if you can, it boots itself before the main os kicks in, letting you recover from a brick, if you brick without it, good chance you'll be screwed, what you can do easy enough is re-virginise your wii make a copy of your new clean nand and keep somewhere safe, setup priiloader, and start mod process again !

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/other-stuff/virgin

Hey, i followed the guide on that site and got as far as the last section (update) where i somehow ****ed it up :o. I formated my wii and tried to start again but im missing ios36 and 249, dunno what happened tbh. Anything i try wont work. Will the re-virginise guide work in my case do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

try running pimp my wii have u still got homebrew channel on it

• Advertisement

massy086 wrote: »
    try running pimp my wii have u still got homebrew channel on it

Thx alot. That downloaded loads of stuff. Should i start that guide again do you know? Or Did Pimp My Wii sort it for me? Sorry for the stupid questions, its just im paranoid incase i brick it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

have you ran pimp my wii

massy086 wrote: »
    have you ran pimp my wii

Yeah, I ran ran pump my Wii then started the guide again. Everything is working fine now, thx a lot for the help.

Advertisement