Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i return a easy up pool back to thr store after 5days?

Options
  • 06-06-2010 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi all,

Bought one of those easy up 12ft pools on Friday. We had to buy tarpin seperatly to put underneath it, as it didnt come with one. To cut a loong story short, we were almost positive that the ground we laid it on was level but when the pool was 3/4 full we noticed that the water was mostly to one side. I didnt want to fill it anymore because i was afriad it would overflow! It took 2days to fill it that much. Now the water is only past the kids ankles, their not very happy either :(. Can i just return this back to the shop for a refund? I would really appreciate Any help please! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭xTanyax

Oh the reason i say 5 days is it will be closed over the bank holiday, so i was planning on Monday. Also im expecting it will take alot of time to drain!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You can try, but they have no reason to take it back. There is nothing wrong with the pool, and you've already used it.

I don't think you've much hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

My first suggestion would be to get a decent length spirit level and put it at various places around the pool and get photos. That will quickly show if the ground is level or not.

To be honest, I can't think what fault a pool would have that would cause water to go to just one side, unless the ground underneath wasn't level. Without an actual fault, the shop is under no obligation to take it back, though may do so as a gesture of good will.

Over a length of 12 feet, judging how level the ground is by eye is not easy. The only foolproof way is to get a 12 foot stick, put that in position, and put the spirit level on that to make sure it's flat, then rotate the stick around to different positions to make sure it's flat in all directions.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

xTanyax wrote: »
    To cut a loong story short, we were almost positive that the ground we laid it on was level.

Almost certain.....get yourself a level
    If water was only on one side then that would mean the entire pool is not level, if this was a design fault you'd easily notice this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

xTanyax wrote: »
    Hi all,

Bought one of those easy up 12ft pools on Friday. We had to buy tarpin seperatly to put underneath it, as it didnt come with one. To cut a loong story short, we were almost positive that the ground we laid it on was level but when the pool was 3/4 full we noticed that the water was mostly to one side. I didnt want to fill it anymore because i was afriad it would overflow! It took 2days to fill it that much. Now the water is only past the kids ankles, their not very happy either :(. Can i just return this back to the shop for a refund? I would really appreciate Any help please! Thanks.

Water follows gravity, the ground is not level if the water is uneven in the pool.
    If there is a fault its with the laws of physics around your garden :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 fcukhu

Apart from the ground being level, you have to supervise it being filled, especially at the start. This is to ensure that it is fully extended and that the pool is filling evenly. It's most likely that the pool wasn't filling evenly at the start, and then as it filled, it just made the situation worse.

If the water is only at the childrens ankles, it may still be possible to move it a more level area of the garden, if not empty some water out. Then pull it into shape so it appears that the water is at roughly the same height right around the pool. Its trial and error, but well worth the effort and the kids will thank you for it! Once you have the water even throughout the pool, it will continue to fill evenly. The trick is make sure you get it right at the start.

Enjoy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

You'd be better advised to level out the ground under the pool. At least then you have a chance of success.
    The pool is clearly of "merchantable quality" so you have no grounds for returning it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I have the 10ft easy up pool. You must be doing somethign wrong if it's taking you 2 days and the water is only past the kids ankles.

My back garden is very badly sloped. It does takes a good few hours to fill it but you will get there. I leveled out some of the ground and it works a treat. It will only take a short while to level out the ground but it's worth it to be honest if you want the pool.

When you have finished leveling out make sure to comb the area for stones and pebbles etc. I thought I got all the pebbles but when I had it full and I was in it I found out the hard way. Lucky for me nothing punctured through the bottom layer.

Oh and if you want a really really quick way to empty the pool just unplug the inflatable ring stopper and stand back. When the air is ring deflates the water will pour over the side :D That's the quick way! The safe way is toopen the drain plug located in the lower section of the pool wall. You should have some connections for a garden hose to attach and you can direct the water to the drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

If there is a fault in the pool you would be entitled to full refund, but if your returning goods that don't have a fault, they have to be resell-able, if you have already used it, then no they would not have to give a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

joes girls wrote: »
    but if your returning goods that don't have a fault, they have to be resell-able, if you have already used it, then no they would not have to give a refund.

Just for clarification here, even if they are still sealed in the original packaging, having never been opened, there no entitlement to be allowed to return it. It's entirely at the shops discretion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Best you could hope for is a credit note, but that would be lucky. Argos would take it back if you had got it there, the main reason I shop there -they sell several pools and are not exempt from the return policy (shavers etc are). Argos also do spirit levels, hint hint;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Stekelly wrote: »
    Just for clarification here, even if they are still sealed in the original packaging, having never been opened, there no entitlement to be allowed to return it. It's entirely at the shops discretion.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Sounds like your ground isn't level or this pool is breaking the laws of gravity... You will probably need to drain it and raise on affected side.

Next time you fil it up at regular intervals compare the depth at different areas in the pool. If you are level they should all be the same. If you are getting a deeper area it needs to be raised.

Advertisement