Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting a transfer in council housing?

Options
  • 06-06-2010 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right forum for this question, if not Mods feel free to move.

I want a transfer out of the council flat that I am living in.

The flat is a 2 bed and it is quite big and a top floor flat. One bedroom alone is as big as some bedsits. The kitchen and front room is large i.e. 2 and a half times the size of the bedroom mentioned. It is ideal for some but not for me.

What is the correct process in this case of requesting a transfer? I have lived in this flat for a number of years and feel the need for a change. Any advice on how to go about this process appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Your Council will be able to tell you. Here's the Dublin city site

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Martin223

The flat is a 2 bed and it is quite big and a top floor flat. One bedroom alone is as big as some bedsits. The kitchen and front room is large i.e. 2 and a half times the size of the bedroom mentioned. It is ideal for some but not for me.

What is the correct process in this case of requesting a transfer? I have lived in this flat for a number of years and feel the need for a change. Any advice on how to go about this process appreciated.

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

Are you serious...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Unless you have a chronic debilitating illness or disability there is no possibility of your brung transferred. There is a very serious social housing crisis in the country and " I think it's time for a change" definitely won't cut it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Unless you have a chronic debilitating illness or disability there is no possibility of your brung transferred. There is a very serious social housing crisis in the country and " I think it's time for a change" definitely won't cut it.
    I agree with you Mrs B!i had to wait 10 years just to get 1 offer of housing and now that I am housed let me tell you I am glad with what I have!

some people just aren't grateful for what they have whilst people are sleeping rough 7 nights of the week :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

4 years.... just saying 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Zombie thread folks.....

Also could you ease off on the outrage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement