Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tara Lyons Predictions

Options
  • 06-06-2010 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

So i heard that her ppredictions are always spot on, can anybody give me any insight as to what she's tipping... I'm desperate Chemistry is so difficult! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

So i heard that her ppredictions are always spot on, can anybody give me any insight as to what she's tipping... I'm desperate Chemistry is so difficult! :(
    I'd say two people on this know what you're talking about!

She just said bleach.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Bleach or either of the waters is what my 'source' (ie chemistry teacher) is telling me.

Also heat of neutralisation hasn't been up in a while apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I don't know them unfortunately but don't panic I'm sure someone on here does chem in the institute. We still have over 2 weeks for chemistry. If you're finding the book overwhelming go and get yourself a revise wise, great things.

My advice would be to just get through some of your other exams first without freaking out over chem and then if you have a day or two off closer to it start working through the papers. It has to be one of the most predictable subjects ever and the examiners don't seem to be that creative so the same questions are asked again and again and you'll get to know them.

Be really selective and target certain areas for example:

• Organic chem. You'll get a great return from your work in this section.There is always Q2 in the exam which is 1/6 organic preps. Then you are guaranteed 2 more long questions in section B.
    • Stick pieces of paper at every important experiment in the book because this is another bit with good return. You always get one question in section A and then questions on experiments will be asked again in the long questions.
    • Equilibrium is there every single year
    • Water is very easy and will more than likely be there
    • pH is popular
    • Q5 is always a question on easy stuff, first few chapters of book
    • Q4 is short questions, not really a pattern to them just do the old ones because they often reappear.
    • Study your titrations for a guaranteed Q1 1/8 will be there and even 1/7 because iron was asked last year so you can leave that. Focus on water (EDTA and Winkler) and bleach

Good luck with your study. If you know this you will have a choice on the day. Hope I narrowed that down a bit for you. If I was gonna start today, ORGANIC & EXPERIMENTS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Forgot to say the organic preps that are most likely would be soap, ethanoic and ethanal.

Advertisement