Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Innishannon Steam Rally (if you're in Cork visit it)

• 07-06-2010 12:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Went down to the Innishannon Steam Rally today. If you are in Cork tomorrow, bank holiday monday, check it out its a visual delight. It has everything Grubby kids, Fairgrounds, steam driven automobiles, tractors, classic cars, set dancing, tug of war. I have never had so much fun and so visually interesting. I thought youse should get a heads up.

E8DA078362D442B48CBE4B3F30541F9E-800.jpg

A67D2D29EE3A4D1D8B8E7CBADAAD37C0-800.jpg

66263A1AEAA341E5A34E8B9C8C97FAB2-800.jpg

AA92B0775E7948228D8CE8459012E205-800.jpg

Im gonna have fun spending the next few days trawling through these... C&C actively encouraged.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

That third shot of the mucky kid is brilliant. :)

I've been there a good few times many moons ago and it was always a great event. Glad to see it's still going strong. (I spent quite a few summers in Innishannon as a kid - lovely place).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

has the Upton Steam rally ended?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

That third shot of the mucky kid is brilliant. :)

The kids in the mucky overalls were brilliant, no greater joy when you're a kid than being filthy. I really wanted to take more of them but i got given out to recently so i'm very hesitant to do it anymore. Shame.
    has the Upton Steam rally ended?
    Yup. This one replaces it. I was surprised by the huge amount of people at it. Genuinely brilliant day.

101001 wrote: »

Yup. This one replaces it. I was surprised by the huge amount of people at it. Genuinely brilliant day.

Did they move the mini steam engine and track from Upton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

Did they move the mini steam engine and track from Upton

an actual train? I didn't see any tracks. All the engines i saw there drove on land as opposed to tracks There was at least one mini steam engine... about the size of a ride on lawnmower

And for anyone else thats interested. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innishannon_Steam_and_Vintage_Rally

• Advertisement

101001 wrote: »
    an actual train? I didn't see any tracks. All the engines i saw there drove on land as opposed to tracks There was at least one mini steam engine... about the size of a ride on lawnmower

And for anyone else thats interested. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innishannon_Steam_and_Vintage_Rally

Back in the seventies / early eighties there was a steam engine and carriages running on tracks along side the football pitch at Upton for children, was wondering what happened to it?

Upton was always a great day out, glad to see there is still a steam rally going

Advertisement