Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

benchrest

Options
  • 07-06-2010 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

i currently own a caldwell benchrest which im not happy with as i find it to high. im am considering selling it but cant find anything i like so my question is does anyone have a benchrest that was custom made from scratch and if so are you happy with it who made it and what was the cost?

tommy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    i currently own a caldwell benchrest which im not happy with as i find it to high. im am considering selling it but cant find anything i like so my question is does anyone have a benchrest that was custom made from scratch and if so are you happy with it who made it and what was the cost?

tommy

I have a bench master, i find it to low, can we swap ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

I have a bench master, i find it to low, can we swap ;)

not sure what a banch master is like? but if it is what i need we can look at a swap:confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

...........does anyone have a benchrest that was custom made from scratch.............

I do not own, but have used a Seb rest on a few occassions.

stainless%20steel%20rest%20(4).jpg

Outstanding rest with dual usage for both smallbore and fullbore benchrest shooting. Multiple adjustments and all very fine.Problem is the cost. Currently running at around the £520-ish mark.

There are 2-3 lads shooting benchrest that have custom, self-built, rests, but one of them is an engineer and quite gifted at building such things. I think he was doing them on a "one at a time/per order" basis for around €500-ish, but could not guarantee he still does them.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

ezridax wrote: »
    I do not own, but have used a Seb rest on a few occassions.

stainless%20steel%20rest%20(4).jpg

Outstanding rest with dual usage for both smallbore and fullbore benchrest shooting. Multiple adjustments and all very fine.Problem is the cost. Currently running at around the £520-ish mark.

There are 2-3 lads shooting benchrest that have custom, self-built, rests, but one of them is an engineer and quite gifted at building such things. I think he was doing them on a "one at a time/per order" basis for around €500-ish, but could not guarantee he still does them.

this is exactly what i had in mind where can it be got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

not sure what a banch master is like? but if it is what i need we can look at a swap:confused:

http://www.amazon.com/BenchMaster-The-Cadillac-Rifle-Rest/dp/B000KOTO5I

but black and silver mine is, used it only a few times.

I do almost no bench rest but I use it putting on scopes or cleaning

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

this is exactly what i had in mind where can it be got?

Two places.

Firstly is the American suppliers. They are cheaper as they import direct from the manufacturer and sell on in dollars. Problem with the American supliers, as with all things, is the VAT and customs issues. It can actually cost more by the time you pay for all of the fees and rest than buying from the UK.

Secondly is the UK, and probably the better option. Fox firearms in the uk are the agent for Seb rests and can supply you with all rests and accessories. Also as it comes from the UK no taxes, VAT, customs, etc are due.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

its not what im looking for till i will put the caldwell up for sale and try source as seb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

FYI there's a new SEB rest out.
    Interesting review of it posted on youtube from the gents at Target Shooter magazine:

Seems like a veeerrrrrry serious bit of kit!

spoke to brian in fox firearms this morning and had a great conversation about the new seb neorest. he informed me he will have them for sale in august for under 600 sterling with 18 sterling to ship to the republic.so i thinks i will be getting one and also a seb rear bag 35sterling well worth the money for a serious piece of kitneorest01.jpg

Advertisement