Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking up physics summer after 5th year

Options
  • 07-06-2010 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I don't know if I should take up physics or try something like buiness instead. I'm in honours maths and am currently doing geog bio and chem. I love bio nd chem and i'm really bad at langauges. I'm hoping for high points so I'm aiming for as many A's as possible basicly, any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Ciara_ily wrote: »
    I don't know if I should take up physics or try something like buiness instead. I'm in honours maths and am currently doing geog bio and chem. I love bio nd chem and i'm really bad at langauges. I'm hoping for high points so I'm aiming for as many A's as possible basicly, any thoughts?

If you find honours maths ok, go for it!

Physics exam has a lot of choice, so you can leave out certain sections and still get an A1. (e.g. Light)

There are others which are very important though (e.g. Mechanics, you should find it ok as you do hon. maths)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Yes! It's be grand. Get yourself a good grind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Ciara_ily

Is it a very long course? And are there any books you recommend? And is there somewhere I can watch the experiments do you know? Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Is it a very long course? And are there any books you recommend? And is there somewhere I can watch the experiments do you know? Thank you :)

They're all on Youtube.
    That said, you dont really need to watch them, I've never seen most done.

I would reccomend Real World Physics [Folens/ Dan O Regan]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

You need your foreign language as an entry requirement for basically everything though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

You need your foreign language as an entry requirement for basically everything though...

D3 in OL usually satisfies that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Ciara_ily

Yeah i know, I'm still in all honours - Irish, French and English. I just hate irish and don't really like english and I'm not too good at french, but I'm going to school in France in July(as one of those summer course things) so I should be fine for that :)

Advertisement