Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Range Resources (RRL.L) tipped by RHPS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭AP_MAN

neil.p.b wrote: »
    See above. This might drop a bit further to circa 14.6 but i'm not taking that chance, just sold another holding to buy 20k more shares here.

same here... sold another holding and brought 42k just now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

My charts are telling me this share has a bit further to fall
    I`ll tough it out and wait and see will it drop more:D

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭poodles

I think you might miss a rise (don't know how much) from an update tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Poodles i think i remember you posting on iii about getting l2? Who'd you go with and how are finding it? Been wanting to make the jump up for a while now

Poodles i think i remember you posting on iii about getting l2? Who'd you go with and how are finding it? Been wanting to make the jump up for a while now

I went with www.moneyam.com

I just wanted to get a look at what the fuss was all about so got it for one month. I think it cost about €25.

It's really only useful if your going to be trading on a regular basis.
    It will give you a good idea as to where the share price is going to go in the very short term so it can be useful for timing entry and exit points.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Yeah i've been trading a bit lately and so far so good but i feel a bit blind folded without l2 and getting tired having to ask others!! I've heard about qoutestream from a few people and it just happens to be what iii use/offer as there l2 service, it's £20 a month so i was going to go with that. I'll have a look an moneyam first though. Thanks again.

No update but a nice rebound back towards 18p now.

Interesting piece from Mining Maven..
    http://www.miningmaven.com/k2/companies/range-resources/range-resources-value-proposition-peter-landau/

I missed a chance there, ah well same old story for me...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Man From Delmonte

Having been following this thread for a long time now I bought in yesterday at 16, doing well today!

As I'm new to the stock market I'd nearly get out now and take my money and be happy.....but looks like theres more of this in the long term... :)

Thanks to everyone here who has posted about RRL so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭xertpo

In for a penny, in for a pound. Topped up at .16 yesterday, but I'll be top-slicing to release some funds back as soon as the opportunity arises.

I really hope I haven't been swayed too much by JR's optimism.

I'm not looking at the share price for the next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I scraped together funds today and topped up at 17p. I feel that the price wont be around this for long more with so much news to come and when the recent news sinks in. All I have to do now is try be patient!

If you enter the title of the article into google, then you can access it without registering.

"Oil groups go to the ends of the earth‎"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Man these prices are bullcrap, if I had a cent to spare at the minute Id be piling it 50:50 into RRL and RMP.

AMC up 18% today though :D

Thargor wrote: »
    Man these prices are bullcrap, if I had a cent to spare at the minute Id be piling it 50:50 into RRL and RMP.

Ditto, beginning to look down the side of the sofa at this stage! I still think this downtrend should bottom out in the next few days before starting to turn. Pretty glad we've had no news from PL and i think that was just him being patient and good management, any gains would have just gotten eaten away in this sh!tstorm. Hopefully TT completion news end of this week/start of next to get back into the 20s with Georgia spud/Puntland mobilisation breaking the 24 resistance next month.

Yeah i had a look at AMC after your thread on them. Looks like a good time and price to get in at, getting that license completed should see them well into the twenties. Unfortunately i've no funds, ah well can't be in them all i suppose. Hope they work out for you. Have a look at BMR if you're searching for another miner. I'll try do a write up this week if i get time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

....any gains would have just gotten eaten away in this sh!tstorm.

This ****storm is gonna last a very long time. Buckle up!

Nothing against RRL, just equities in general!

I think so too, Iceland just started erupting to cap it all off too.

colsku wrote: »
    This ****storm is gonna last a very long time. Buckle up!

Nothing against RRL, just equities in general!
    I think so too, Iceland just started erupting to cap it all off too.

I was directing my 'expected bounce' towards AIM, and especially oilers and miners who've been some of the hardest hit. Here's hoping anyway.

If you guys think the fall over the last month is going to continue are you not considering selling some of your holdings?

Im waiting on major RNS's any day in all my holdings, not a trader anyway, I probably wont sell anything in 2011.

Tell me about it! I hoping for a day (soon!) where both RRL and XEL make a jump. Ill be a happy man then!
    neil.p.b wrote:
    If you guys think the fall over the last month is going to continue are you not considering selling some of your holdings?
    Nope. If you have confidence in the underlying value then there is no reason to sell. The share price will reflect the value of the company eventually!

• Advertisement

Back on the radar again SP down in the mid 15s, I see an opportunity here:D

What would be your exit point?

If it's medium to long term then it won't make much of a difference if you buy in at 14p or 15p when the SP is at 50p...

20-22p exit,
    I exited last time at 19.5p which was a bit too early it went up to nearly 24p at one stage. I have a different strategy to you, I like to scalp profits. Currently the price is hitting resistance at the 15p mark so it seems a good entry point.
    true that theres lots of positives in the next weeks and months ahead but don't expect a smooth ride to 50p which means lots of opportunities for me:D
    just fell through the 15p mark, it looks like its gonna end up around 14.25 today

Pretty brutal few days, or fortnight even, a lot of hysterical kids on iii and RUM these days aswell, Im still not worried except maybe wishing I had a bit more in RMP seeing as there's talk of them listing at 50p soon, it'll all turn out well in a month or 2 though.

From AOI Financial and Operating Results Today. Still on track for Puntland:

The Company continued to actively explore in East Africa:

In Block 10BB, the Company, together with its partners, is currently in the process of undertaking Full Tensor Gravity (“FTG”) surveys and finalizing the prospect and lead inventory on Block 10BB. Drilling is scheduled to commence in the third quarter of 2011.

In Block 10A, the Company, together with its partners, has completed recording approximately 800km (gross) of 2D seismic. Seismic data acquired is currently being processed. The Company expects to drill a well on this block in the fourth quarter of 2011.

In Puntland, the Company has recently signed a letter of intent with a drilling contractor and plans to spud the first well in the Dharoor Block during the third quarter of 2011. A second well in the Dharoor Block is planned to commence following completion of the first exploration well.

Edit:

Also from a previous AOI update, the rig they're using in Puntland is subsequently being used for their drilling with Tullow in Kenya. I don't think they'll want to mess around Tullow with delays. Looking good!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jayminato

Pretty brutal few days, or fortnight even, a lot of hysterical kids on iii and RUM these days aswell, Im still not worried except maybe wishing I had a bit more in RMP seeing as there's talk of them listing at 50p soon, it'll all turn out well in a month or 2 though.

Thargor if ya currently hold RMP @ below 50p are u saying that if it lists @ 50 then your current holding should go to 50p. Sorry if it sounds a silly question.

cheers

Also from a previous AOI update, the rig they're using in Puntland is subsequently being used for their drilling with Tullow in Kenya. I don't think they'll want to mess around Tullow with delays. Looking good!
    Yeah I got a very good feeling when I heard that aswell, its a great sign.
    Jayminato wrote: »
    Thargor if ya currently hold RMP @ below 50p are u saying that if it lists @ 50 then your current holding should go to 50p. Sorry if it sounds a silly question.

cheers
    Not sure what you meant there Jay? I hold RMP at the only price its currently possible to hold them, ie their current price on the ASX in Oz, which is 35 Australian cent, I paid 33 cent for them a few weeks ago. They're dual listing on the AIM in London soon, that will be in UK£, and I read somewhere, I think it was in those unsecured documents someone found on the RMP website, that the listing in London is expected to be at 50p per share, anything could happen after that though, market forces could drive it up or down like any other share, but if it holds at 50p and it should because its wildly undervalued at the minute and there should be a lot of news and publicity at that time then the price in Australia should match it the way shares in other dual-listed companies like RRL tend to follow each other very closely on both exchanges.

I just wanted to get this back to the front page. Up 5% today.

• Advertisement

Make that 9.23%, we'll be laughing at these amounts soon the way its all about to kick off. Very interesting few months ahead of us, sorry to sound like the bland rampers on iii but this time its true :D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 doedoe

my average is still fairly high here but ive plenty of confidence in Range, with the current climate this is just going to require a little patience.

Maybe I should change my strategy on this stock and start day trading it. Or maybe I should stop looking at the SP like I said I would.

SP is getting a bit of a hammering of late, is this due to anything in particular or is it just the lack of news and a wait till the next set of results?

I was thinking of buying up some more at the sub 15p price

Grecco wrote: »
    SP is getting a bit of a hammering of late, is this due to anything in particular or is it just the lack of news and a wait till the next set of results?

I was thinking of buying up some more at the sub 15p price

Nothing in particular dragging this down Grecco.

Spud for Georgia sometime around July 7th

Expected news from Trinidad and Texas also.

News from Puntland is out of Ranges hands and will come fro AOI

Just got in under 15p :)

• Advertisement

Georgia has spudded! :p

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20110714/pdf/41zrsgppw8tbf0.pdf

40-45 days to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Can this stock be bought with a sharewatch.ie account? Or how are people acquiring it?

Id be shocked if any broker in Ireland/UK said they couldn't trade this for you, its on the AIM in London, ticker RRL.L or LON:RRL.

http://www.google.com/finance?q=LON:RRL

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Dude240502

Do you mind if I ask until what?

Until we find out if there's oil/gas hopefully! In that particular well anyway, this is the start of a multi-well drilling program. There could be an extra week or 2 for logging and analysis aswell to determine if anything they find is worth extracting commercially, also the last RNS said the first couple of hundred meters had been slow and difficult but they were well on track now so we don't know for sure when news will come but it is close now. They're drilling on some very promising looking targets.

An RNS about a Puntland spud could come any time aswell.

• Advertisement

Did they not already find in Georgia and the share price fell afterward, is this expected to be a transformational announcement and is there any reason to think the share will rise as a result?

No that sounds familiar, I think you might be confusing that with Xcite or DES or someone, this is Ranges first drill in Georgia and if they find oil in commercial quantities its going to be transformational for them, probably a doubling or more of the SP overnight and more than that for their partners Red Emperor who a lot of people that hold Range also hold. They've never drilled in Georgia before.

Lads anyone any idea why were down around 14p at the moment.
    When is the next news due

Is this not the event all the posters anticipated, is there a reason why the share price didn't rise?

The almost US default and possible debt downgrading and the shitty economy in general. No news for another few weeks.

Sit tight, the company itself hasnt changed and SP should come right eventually. If you believed in it when you bought it i dont think anything has happened that should change that.

Dude240502 wrote: »
    Is this not the event all the posters anticipated, is there a reason why the share price didn't rise?
    Anyone can spud a well anywhere, finding oil drives the price.

Anyway look at the markets, its a sh1tstorm at the minute, everything is down.

Does anyone else here expect this to multiply in the near future?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

A big drop in price today to 12.75, a 10.5% drop, is there any specific reason for this or is it just the current overall market sentiment.

Fundamentals haven't changed so you just have to hold on, loads of oil companies dropped on AIM today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Thanks Thargor

• Advertisement
Advertisement