Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graspop Festival 2010

Options
  • 07-06-2010 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

http://www.graspop.be

Aerosmith, Soulfly, KISS, Behemoth, Motorhead, Stone Temple Pilots, Slayer, Sepultura, Slash, Hatebreed, Killswitch Engage, Immortal, Carcass, Fear Factory, 36 Crazyfists! LOADS more!

Anyone else making the trip?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Yup, it'll be my 8th Graspop. Must pop into Sentinel for my ticket asap, think Scobes is sending them back this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Since I'm Belgian I used to go nearly every year, but imo it's a very, very poor list of bands this year.

15th anniversary and they couldn't even get a 3 headliner (and the 2 other ones are crap as well).

And at the moment several bands are dropping out, so we'll see how much is left over.

Give me Wacken any time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

This is gonna be my first Graspop, and I can't wait!!:D
    I know the lineup isn't great but I'm still soo excited. Can't wait to see Fear Factory, Kiss, Bleeding Through, Slayer, Walls of Jericho, 3 Inches of Blood and Slash.
    Kinda sucks that Steel Panther and Deicide have cancelled, but ah well:rolleyes:

Edit: Nearly forgot about Devildriver!!!

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Since I'm Belgian I used to go nearly every year, but imo it's a very, very poor list of bands this year.

15th anniversary and they couldn't even get a 3 headliner (and the 2 other ones are crap as well).

And at the moment several bands are dropping out, so we'll see how much is left over.

Give me Wacken any time :D

Yeah, the line-up is weak this year & the 3rd headliner is a joke, but after counting up the bands I like there are still a good amount of decent bands. Gave up on Wacken in 2003. Line-up has been terrible every year & it just got ridiculously packed.

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Yeah, the line-up is weak this year & the 3rd headliner is a joke, but after counting up the bands I like there are still a good amount of decent bands. Gave up on Wacken in 2003. Line-up has been terrible every year & it just got ridiculously packed.

Have you seen the line-up for Wacken this year ? :eek:
    Plus it's much cheaper in every aspect: Beer, food, ticket, merchandise,...

Also, much more hot girls and stripper shows :o

But hey, I might very well go again next year, if they improve the line-up.
    The atmosphere is still one of the best (Timmeeeeeh! :p)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yeah, I opted for Download this year over Graspop, AC/DC and Rage being the clincher. Though I would love to see Kiss again after seeing them in Dublin. I think Graspop has a beefier lineup of bands lower down the bill and I much prefer the longer set times all the bands have. But yeah, the main stage on the Friday is pretty lopsided and Soulfly is a weak ass headliner.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Have you seen the line-up for Wacken this year ? :eek: (Timmeeeeeh! :p)

Yeah, only about 5 or 6 bands I want to see & even most of them I'm not too pushed on. We obviously have different tastes. There are nearly 20 bands I like playing at Graspop, so easy decision.

That & the fact Wacken has gone to the dogs in recent years. I haven't been since 03 because the line-up went downhill after that, but my friend went up to 06 or 07 and her & others vowed never to go again. Loads of robbing, tent burning, portaloo toppling etc. I've never really seen much of that sort of crap at Graspop, so easily wins hands down.

This'll be my 2nd year of staying in a hotel too, so happy days! Would love to go to Hellfest, but this year I can't due to an exam. Maybe next year!

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Yeah, only about 5 or 6 bands I want to see & even most of them I'm not too pushed on. We obviously have different tastes. There are nearly 20 bands I like playing at Graspop, so easy decision.

That & the fact Wacken has gone to the dogs in recent years. I haven't been since 03 because the line-up went downhill after that, but my friend went up to 06 or 07 and her & others vowed never to go again. Loads of robbing, tent burning, portaloo toppling etc. I've never really seen much of that sort of crap at Graspop, so easily wins hands down.

This'll be my 2nd year of staying in a hotel too, so happy days! Would love to go to Hellfest, but this year I can't due to an exam. Maybe next year!

Every festival has robbings and tent-burning, apparently (including Graspop).
    Not too sure about the portaloo toppling, but I'm sure that happens too :P

I know the atmosphere at Graspop is great, especially with the party zone-thing next to the festival ground now, but the way they advertise and price everything has put me off this year.

Advertisement