Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Final Five! 5 Station Mean Name Suggestion Vote. You Decide!!!!

Options
  • 07-06-2010 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭

Well, the time has finally come. After bitter debate and fallings out, spiteful back stabs and insults galore, Trodgor, M.T and myself have finally agreed upon 5 of the suggestions for the 'official (:pac:) name for the 5 station mean that is used in the main competition thread to be put forward for public vote.

The name that grabs the most votes will be the new name for the '5 station mean'. Thanks to everyone who put forward a suggestion. They were all great :).

Please use your votes (you can vote for more than one btw!), as they all matter. The new name be a permanent one and will eventually become a commonly used term around the world. :pac:

Thanks again and best of luck to all!

Just to note, results will not be visible except to Peter, M.T and myself. The winning name will be announced by M.T in the last week of June in a grand and spectacular finale :cool:

5 Station Mean Name Suggestions: The Final 5. You Decide!! 42 votes

Central Irish Mean (CIM) -Docarch
    0% 0 votes
    CCOMS Average -Pauldry
    45% 19 votes
    Irish Simplified Representative Mean Temperature Index (ISRMTI) -M.T Cranium
    7% 3 votes
    National Atmospheric Median Approximation (NAMA) -Su Campo
    19% 8 votes
    Irish Mean Temperature (IMT) -Hellboy
    28% 12 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,516 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Sounds like you were talking to another M.T. Cranium (I imagine they are thick on the ground in some parts) ... or I just didn't remember the insults and backstabbing when I came to.

These seem like five of the better ones, hope you get the help you need. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Sounds like you were talking to another M.T. Cranium (I imagine they are thick on the ground in some parts) ... or I just didn't remember the insults and backstabbing when I came to.

You could humour me :pac:

Interesting results so far folks. Keep dem votes comin'! 3 of the suggestions are really firing ahead at this stage. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

You could humour me :pac:

Interesting results so far folks. Keep dem votes comin'! 3 of the suggestions are really firing ahead at this stage. :)

Oh the suspense!!! Stop teasing us!!!:mad:

It seems that a 2 horse race is emerging at this stage. Thanks for all the votes so far and if you haven't voted, please do. You can vote for more than one, but you only have one chance to do it so keep them coming in! :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Ah c'mon. I think you should let results be seen before winner is announced.

• Advertisement

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Ah c'mon. I think you should let results be seen before winner is announced.

You have fabulous taste in music Docarch! As you say, Lady GaGa is fantastic!

:cool:

On topic, looks like ".........." 's suggestion is really leading the way at this stage!:eek:

Keep them votes a'comin! :D

And the headlines once again:

Scientists find even more pointless particles

Scientists have today announced the probable existence of even more complicated particles, the concepts of which are even hard to grasp even for people as clever as them.
    ‘Einstein once said that, apart from him, only a handful of people really understood relativity,’ said Professor Steve Watts, Emeritus Chair in Look Why Bother It’s Really Too Complex Science at Cambridge University.
    ‘But these days with all the press articles about particle colliders and Stephen Hawking and Bill Bryson explaining things to everybody any bloke down the pub thinks he can explain the origins of the universe. We hope that by announcing these new potential particles we can put people back in the dark about dark matter.’

:eek:

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2010/06/18/scientists-find-even-more-pointless-particles/

So far, we have a tie between the leading 2. Poll will close in a couple of days so please vote if you haven't so far! :)

A great remix of this classic tune to listen to while you vote! :D

Play it loud!!!!!!!!!!!

One day left to vote. We appear to have a tie at between the two most popular nominees. One vote could make all the difference at this stage! :eek:

Poll results should be visible from the coming midnight. :)

No relevance to anything really...:

....just a great tune! :cool:

Ok, Poll is closed but I am not sure if it has become visible to all :o. Here is a screen grab of the poll results just in case:

118167.jpg

Docarch and Hellboy shot ahead of the rest and up to the last couple of votes were equal in popularity.

However, Hellboy, who suggestion "Irish Mean Temperature" gained the most votes in the end.

Well done Hellboy! :) A great name for the rather clinical and unimaginative "5 Station Mean". the I.M.T will now be the official name for the 5sm from here on in. Cool stuff!!!!!! :D

Thanks a million to everyone who participated, be it with name suggestions and/or with votes. :)

I will leave the final great words of this thread to Maryln Manson:

Congrats again Hellboy!!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Docarch and Hellboy shot ahead of the rest and up to the last couple of votes were equal in popularity.

However, Hellboy, who suggestion "Irish Mean Temperature" gained the most votes in the end.

Well done Hellboy! :) A great name for the rather clinical and unimaginative "5 Station Mean". the I.M.T will now be the official name for the 5sm from here on in. Cool stuff!!!!!! :D

Congrats again Hellboy!!!! :)

:pac::pac::pac: I won something :D

Thanks for all the votes everyone, now I'm off to celebrate and I'll leave you with this tune to join in :D

Advertisement