Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodgements

Options
  • 07-06-2010 7:37am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Quick question. Can I get staff members to make lodgements for me, and letting them sign the slip? Or should I sign them and they then lodge?

Going away for a bit and want to ensure all payments lodged while im away!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

It does not matter who signs a lodgement slip. It is only use if you query the lodgment and they can tell you who done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Shouldn't be a problem. An official signature is only required for withdrawals and cheques.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I think it has to be organised with the bank,they cant just go and do it. Its usually not a problem though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I think it has to be organised with the bank,they cant just go and do it. Its usually not a problem though

Depends how he's going to do it, lodgements come in through the post daily, generally with letters to lodge to a particular a/c, i know one guy who just drops 50euro note and a his a/c number on a scrap of paper into the express lodgement box, no other info just his a/c number.
    Its fairly easy to organise a lodgement, its unusual that someone will fraudulently lodge to a customers a/c, as its obviously harder to fraudulently get it back out again, so this makes the process really very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

gogo wrote: »
    Depends how he's going to do it, lodgements come in through the post daily, generally with letters to lodge to a particular a/c, i know one guy who just drops 50euro note and a his a/c number on a scrap of paper into the express lodgement box, no other info just his a/c number.
    Its fairly easy to organise a lodgement, its unusual that someone will fraudulently lodge to a customers a/c, as its obviously harder to fraudulently get it back out again, so this makes the process really very easy.

Well almost true. Placement is the very first step of Money Laundering ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement