Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freaky experience

Options
  • 07-06-2010 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭

This is something that happened to me a good few years ago now, and I've only ever told a couple of people about it. I'd love to get some opinions on it, as it really freaked me out, still don't understand what was going on. I was staying over at my parents house , and was in bed, and seemed to be at the point where just going to sleep. Suddenly, I feel like I'm being pulled up through my legs, and I'm up against the ceiling, face up, spinning really really fast. Then it was like I slammed back down into the bed again, my heart was pounding and I felt dizzy and absolutely terrified. Then it starts all over again, and happened once more after that. I'd be open to any opinions on this, but to be honest, I'm such a fraidy cat, I'd really love for it to be explained away rationally. That maybe it was something to do with the falling asleep process, maybe cos I wasn't in my own bed?? nothing like it has ever happened since....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

read this, might give you an answer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Do you remember feeling sore when you slammed down on the bed? What happened directly after the experience, like what did you do? I ask this to determine how conscious you were at the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Hi, Rasmus. No didn't feel sore at all, just really really dizzy from the spinning sensation, heart thumping fit to burst and scared witless. It seemed like being pulled violently up out of myself to ceiling height. It is ten years approx since this happened, and looking back I'm thinking it happened whilst first going to sleep. I only ever told my sis and a couple of close friends. Like I said, was sleeping over at my parents, wasn't on my own in the room. Don't know whether this is worth mentioning, but there is definitely some kind of paranormal activity going on in the house, always has been. Sensation of someone sitting on bed, strange noises, doors closing on their own etc. My mother has experienced the duvet being pulled off her from the bottom end of bed. Have not slept at my own parent's house in years now, too afraid to. Though this has probably nothing whatsoever to do with it. Maybe it was my apprehension at staying in the house? Thanks:D:D Oh and directly afterwards, after calming down, I went to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Hi 73Cat,
    Without suggesting that this is something sinister, it wouldn't do any harm putting this in the paranormal forum. Since you sure you were awake, I might speculate that the spinning is not a normal occurance!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Louvarella

Hi 73Cat, I have experienced somthing a little like this. One night, years ago I had this feeling that I was being pulled out of my bed by my waist by a 'presence' that I felt was a woman I was pulled upwards towards the ceiling and then this woman shook me about and then dropped me back down to my bed. Needless to say I woke up with a fright and my heart was going so fast! But the wierd thing was that my waist felt like it would have if it had happened for real - I can't quite explain it - I could still feel the tightness around my waist.

I have done some reading online and there is alot about the Hag Phenomenon which relates to the presence of a woman that I felt was there. I have also looked into Astral Travel which is where you leave your physical body while you sleep and can consciously control where you go - its interesting stuff but does border on the 'Era yeah like.....' so I take some of it with a pinch of salt!

I have always had strange sleep things happen - one of them being Exploding Head Syndrome - Google it - its not as crazy as it sounds! - Its where you get a sudden flash of light in your mind along with a very loud bang - its a very strange sensation if you have ever experienced it - it frightened the life out of me the first time it happened as I really thought something had gone off in my brain...

This post is already sounding crazy to me so im going to quit while im ahead???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Thanks again Rasmus, might do that! Thanks, Louvarella, yes its all a bit mad, thats a strange experience you had alright. And, yes, only recently heard of exploding head syndrome. Think it was one of the DJs on 2FM saying it happens to him. Had never heard of it before that.

Advertisement