Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a decent haircut

Options
  • 07-06-2010 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

alright, posted this in F+A already but no responds. i need a haircut and want some suggestion on a good place to go who wont just give a blade and chop hair off, more than i want off.

i dont want one of these new fangled styles that footballers hipsters have. i just want a decent haircut thats shaped correctly to the contours of my own head. i want the hairdresser to be able to adapt my hair to suit my hair line, type of hair and shape of my head. not that its abnormal or anything :D:P

id also like it so that i dont have to put any (or much) wax or gel in it to make it look decent, would just like it cut right and not to be made too short or anything.

definitely not looking for any **** like blonde highlights and spikey mohawk mullet fringe crap :eek:

I don't necessarily want much off either, think it's an ok length, just needs to be shaped a bit better.

Think something like this:
    http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/54/039_44898~Jude-Law-Posters.jpg
    http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2007/08/20/james-mcavoy-scotty.jpg

but I want the chap I'm paying to use their own skills to know what would suit best and to not f**k it up :D

don't mind paying a bit extra

cheers for any suggestions on places to go in Dublin (southside would be handiest) :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Scrappy Coco will be along soon, he knows this guy Paul Mitchell, he'll tell you the best place in New York City to go to!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Grafton Barbers on Grafton St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Bring in one of the pictures and say you want it like that. A good and experienced hairdresser will know what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Grafton Barbers on Grafton St.
    They're in Malahide and Ashbourne now too and super expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

If your a guy, which I'm assuming you are, just suck up the fat & go into Peter Marks, they let guys in & I swear after years of bad barber shop haircuts where the guy knows nothing about anything except a 2-blade it is a sigh of relief! Best haircut ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

4 at the sides, trimmed at the top. 12 euro.
    What more do you need?

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    4 at the sides, trimmed at the top. 12 euro.
    What more do you need?

That's my exact cut..

"4 up the sides and back,
    Trimmed all over top at the top to this "______________" length.
    I don't want it anyway short, I've a wedding tomorrow. I don't want it short."

There's never a wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

what a bad thread :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Nought blade all round, can't beat it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Nought blade all round, can't beat it.

2 minutes, job done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

alright, posted this in F+A already but no responds. i need a haircut and want some suggestion on a good place to go who wont just give a blade and chop hair off, more than i want off.

i dont want one of these new fangled styles that footballers hipsters have. i just want a decent haircut thats shaped correctly to the contours of my own head. i want the hairdresser to be able to adapt my hair to suit my hair line, type of hair and shape of my head. not that its abnormal or anything :D:P

id also like it so that i dont have to put any (or much) wax or gel in it to make it look decent, would just like it cut right and not to be made too short or anything.

definitely not looking for any **** like blonde highlights and spikey mohawk mullet fringe crap :eek:

I don't necessarily want much off either, think it's an ok length, just needs to be shaped a bit better.

but I want the chap I'm paying to use their own skills to know what would suit best and to not f**k it up :D

cheers for any suggestions on places to go in Dublin (southside would be handiest) :cool:

$400, I make good cut.
    Scrappy Coco will be along soon, he knows this guy Paul Mitchell, he'll tell you the best place in New York City to go to!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭boblong

The Waldorf, Westmoreland Street.

http://www.waldorfbarbers.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    2 minutes, job done

It's free too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Knights of the Green in St. Stephen's Green Shopping Centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Gary Kavanagh is supposed to be the best in Ireland at judging what haircut suits a person.

I thought that was a load of cock until I actually seen him on TV one night with five different people (two men and three wimminz) and he drastically changed their appearances, all for the better.

Made average looking people look stunning.

You made need to remortgage your house to pay for an appointment though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Anyone bother to ask where the OP is based ?

Mind you, maybe the OP should have mentioned that themselves, unless they're getting Callely-style expenses to travel a few hundred miles ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Gary Kavanagh is supposed to be the best in Ireland at judging what haircut suits a person.

I thought that was a load of cock until I actually seen him on TV one night with five different people (two men and three wimminz) and he drastically changed their appearances, all for the better.

Boll*x i'll just shave me head

orourkeda wrote: »
    Boll*x i'll just shave me head

Wasn't talking to you, was talking to the OP who still has some follicles.

All your headbanging days has put paid to yours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Girls love a shaved head on a fella.

Blade nought,then get ready for the stampede of wimmins!*

*Cannot guarantee this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

Grafton Barbers. The sexy Polish chicks will give you a scalp ****.

I use The Grooming Rooms.

You can watch TV while they do their stuff.

Not bad prices also.

http://www.thegroomingrooms.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭NeptunesMoon

looked him up on youtube and the only vid was some fashion thing where he was the creative director of peter marks the chap who won it had a blade 1 or something though :D
    Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Anyone bother to ask where the OP is based ?

Mind you, maybe the OP should have mentioned that themselves, unless they're getting Callely-style expenses to travel a few hundred miles ;)

relook at the post buddy :D
    Grafton Barbers. The sexy Polish chicks will give you a scalp ****.

thats not the first mention of graftob barbers ive got, so is it a good place for what i want or is it just a popular place to get a chop?
    I use The Grooming Rooms.

You can watch TV while they do their stuff.

Not bad prices also.

http://www.thegroomingrooms.com/

35 quid isnt bad looked at the site and for that you get a shampoo cut but before it you get a "consultation" which sounds good have you got a consultation yourself before?

Cheers for all the feedback :cool:

saw trinity barbers mentioned in a few others threads, these and use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

theirs a barbers in baggot st ( above the no 8 shop ) which id highly reccomend.

the latino\south american guy in their is the bee knees

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭BUNK1982

If i understand the OP correctly he doesn't want to go into some flash hair shop but doesn't want to be skinned alive either. I figure once you can get the barber to cut it anyway decent at all then the rest is fixed with gel/ wax etc.

I used to go to a guy in Rathmines - a few doors up from the Rathmines Inn.

€14 - €15 for a dry cut, in/out in 10 minutes, no ****e talk about holidays/ heading out tonight?? - just a quick clean tidy up, bit banter bout the golf and off we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Bedford Stuy, next to the Foggy Dew across from the central bank. They do a great job, started getting my hair cut there about a year ago and haven't looked back (and I've got longish hair, so I'm pretty discerning about where I get it cut). They're normally about €16-18, but if you go on a monday or tuesday they're only €8.

Hope this helps :)

looked him up on youtube and the only vid was some fashion thing where he was the creative director of peter marks the chap who won it had a blade 1 or something though :D

Here's a clip from the Afternoon Show:

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

El Tarangu wrote: »
    Bedford Stuy, next to the Foggy Dew across from the central bank.

I'll second this, I've always come out of this place happy with the cut, and I can be a fussy bugger!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Aamir or Antonio in the Grafton Barber in the IFSC, €9 for students before 12pm Mon - Fri.

Both are excellent

Free coffee, tea, beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

i got a wash and cut in that place on liffey street and it only cost me 7 quid that was on a saturday

Advertisement