Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Former Stereophonics drummer Stuart Cable found dead '

Options
  • 07-06-2010 10:36am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Former Stereophonics drummer Stuart Cable has been found dead, police have confirmed.

Cable, 40, was found in Aberdare home this morning (June 7) at 5:30am (BST).

South Wales Police confirmed the sudden death of a 40 year-old man, and his mother Mable also announced the news.

She Walesonline.co.uk: "Stuart has travelled all over the world with the band and I have worried myself silly. He is now settled down and then this has happens. It has not sunk in yet."

His brother Paul also released a statement. "The family has no further comment to make at this stage," he said. "It is in the hands of the police."

A cause of death has not yet been determined, though there are understood to be no suspicious circumstances involved at this stage.

The drummer was sacked from Stereophonics in 2003, and following his departure he went on to have a career in TV, radio and has hosted awards ceremonies.

source

RIP :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Little Miss Lady

God that's terrible sad and he was only 40 RIP :(

I am sorry for saying this but his mother is hardly called Mable Cable??? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Christ

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Sad

Really fun dude

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Godspeed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

25919.gif

Not a fan, but may he RIP, nobody deserves to die at 40

• Advertisement

25919.gif

Not a fan, but may he RIP, nobody deserves to die at 40

Thanks for pointing this out :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

His mothers name is Mable Cable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Mr.Mister wrote: »
    His mothers name is Mable Cable?

What's his fathers name?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Very sad to hear, was just listening to the Stereophonics earlier today, he will be missed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    What's his fathers name?

He didn't have a father :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

great drummer and just seemed like such a fun guy! RIP!

i was listening to the phonics first 2 albums over the weekend and i actually thought of his mad hair!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

RIP, sad to hear:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

RIP. for the record i thought 'just turned 40, sacked from a successful group / no dependable income..' until i briefly read he has a book entitled 'Demons & Cocktails' .. cause of death yet to be forwarded but again, not assuming nothing but off the back of the slipknot guys death i must stress best not make a habit of drink n drugs cos death may be the only release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Terrible news, really good drummer on JEEP. RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

are they going to carry on with their tour does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

rovert wrote: »
    Thanks for pointing this out :rolleyes:

No problem :cool:

RIP.

Not my favourite group ever, but can't deny they have some fantastic tunes, epsecially around the time he was with them. I'm thinking 'Local Boy in the Photograph', 'Just Looking' 'A Thousand Trees' etc

Anyway, its very sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Was very sad to hear this yesterday, I'm a big Stereophonics fan and still followed him after he left the band. RIP.

No problem :cool:

Im glad the tragedy of his death superceeds your dislike for his music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I like the Stereophonics and I enjoyed Stuart's rock show on BBC Radio Wales around 2005. And this comes so soon after Pete Steele and Ronnie James Dio. Forty is far too soon for anyone to die. REQUIESCANT IN PACE.

• Advertisement

Thomas828 wrote: »
    I like the Stereophonics and I enjoyed Stuart's rock show on BBC Radio Wales around 2005. And this comes so soon after Pete Steele and Ronnie James Dio. Forty is far too soon for anyone to die. REQUIESCANT IN PACE.

Kind of reminds me of Jon Lee, the drummer of Feeders passing. As they were liked much in the same ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Kenny DNK

awful shame.

used to be a big fan of the phonics till they kicked him out.. He had his own style of drumming, the replacement just didnt have the same swing or groove..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

are they carryingon with their summer tour?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

very sad. he was excellent live, so much energy. i remember seeing stereophonics, at the time jeep was out, he was something else, especially for vegas two times and bartender and the thief. the crowd would go mental when ever the camera would go onto him.

what a character, always a good laugh in interviews too.

Advertisement