Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's happened to Cafe Bar Deli?

Options
  • 07-06-2010 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

What's happened to Cafe Bar Deli? I was there last night and it has completely changed.

First of all they have introduced brown paper table cloths which make the place look tatty.

And the menu has changed. They only offer a choice of 5 pizzas, pastas, mains and starters. The old menu was much more comprehensive. My pizza was just OK. The pizza base is different - not as thin as before. My friend said that the tomato sauce on her pizza was acrid. They used garlic paste instead of oil on the garlic pizzette which didn't taste good. The salad was nice. The shared chocolate brownie was huge and crudely presented with a massive plop of cream and some icecream.

They are offering 25% off between 4 and 7. Maybe they are cutting down on costs so that they can offer this discount.

I used to go to Cafe Bar Deli cos you could be guaranteed a good pizza or salad and a glass of house red at a reasonable price.

I'll be looking for my pizza somewhere else from now on.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, I'd heard they changed their menu a few months back, for the worse. I haven't been there in ages though, so I can't comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I went to the Ranelagh branch a couple of weeks ago for dinner and was extremetly disappointed. They used to do a yummy rocket pesto with hazelnuts and roasted aubergine - but they have changed the recipe completely (complete with undercooked aubergine). Both of our dishes were poor. Won't be going back - there are too many other good places to go to!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

was there recently also and was very disappointed too, i think i'll be sticking with milanos for a quick pizza in town

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

Have to agree with all the comments here. It's nowhere near as good as it used to be. Back when we all had money myself and my friends would meet in the Georges street one at least once a month, have not been back there in months and the last time the food was sub standard at best and won't be heading back again anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Went here for the first time around a month ago. Have to say I wasn't all too impressed either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭shezza

Was disgusted with the penne abriaitta I could of made better myself and they covered it in cheap pamasean I had to send it back which didn't go down well with the waitress no apology.Im sticking to Milanos join the website and they have half price offers all the time its great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

I have always considered food in cafe bar deli as disgraceful, I'm hardly believing that it got worse than that!

Advertisement