Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford swimming pool ferrybank - open yet?

Options
  • 07-06-2010 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

Anyone know if the new pool is open yet? Is there a website?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

It opened last week, it is amazing! Believe there is going to be a gym in it as well.
    head over and have a look around, i did yesterday and it was packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Some info and pics here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I can't wait to try it out! Hadn't realised it had opened till now!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bambi88

The opening hours are awful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭sallysaucer101

I was in it the other day and it is really nice but it only opens from 2pm to 8pm at the moment but I believe that these are going to change when it is up and runnin properly!

The only problem is the communal dressing room. I was there with my sister and her 2 kids aged 4 and 2 and some young boys aged between 8 and 12 were running around the place unsupervised and shouting at eachother and banginig on our dressing room door!

Some of the stuff they came out with wasn't suitable for adult ears let alsone young kids!

Would be a nicer experience if they just kept the dressing rooms seperate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭HighWire

Speak up and get them thrown out.
    There are few enough communal changing rooms around and the staff should be watching out for this. Any problems, out you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ciara.smilie

The pool now opens Monday - Friday from 7am-9pm and weekends from 11am-6pm. Kids are allowed in between 9am-7pm. The place doesnt run with sessions anymore, you can come and go as you like.

Thanks Ciara.smilie

I think I might go this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

The pool now opens Monday - Friday from 7am-9pm and weekends from 11am-6pm. Kids are allowed in between 9am-7pm. The place doesnt run with sessions anymore, you can come and go as you like.
    Their website still says 'on the hour with a 45 minute swim time'

http://www.wexfordcorp.ie/bc/SwimmingPool/TimetableandPrices/

The new updated website should be going live in the next few days. But the hours I previously stated have been in operation for the last number of weeks now.

The place now has a phone line if you want to check for yourself: 0539185256

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Grand. The old idea of the whistle going and everyone out of the pool at the same time belongs to a different era.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Maverick88

Excellent news, my two daughter are heading over to Wexford with my parents next week and I'll be over in a fortnight. Look forward to using the new pool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 webmonkeyIRL

Hi Guys,

The new website is live and you can see it here;

http://www.wexfordswimmingpool.ie

:)

Just a quick update for you guys! The gym has now opened and is gaining more interest by the day. At the moment it is pay as you go, with gym only costing €6 which includes use of the sauna and steam room. A swim only is still €6, or you can go for a gym and swim for €10.

With all the kids back to school it means the start of all the lessons and clubs at Wexford swimming pool. During some of these sessions the pool will be closed to the public. Keep an eye on the website, http://wexfordswimmingpool.ie/ under the times & prices tab where a timetable will be updated weekly. During the times where the pool is closed, public will still be allowed access to the sauna and steam room.

In the coming weeks details will be available of 3, 6 and 12 month leisure pass packages, these will include pool only, gym only and combined packages. There is also an option to buy 10 swims upfront for €40 which means a saving of €20 for adults. The kids swim passes are €30 so again a saving of €10 can be made.

Other classes will be coming on board from October, again keep an eye on the website for all this information.

Check out http://http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wexford/Wexford-Swimming-Pool-and-Leisure-Ltd/136140929757911?__a=7& for photos of the gym and pool!

Went to the pool a couple weeks ago and loved it. Going again tomorrow.

Will there be any instruction in the gym? As in can we pay for a program, personal training, etc?

Thanks

At the moment when you go to the gym you have to fill out a health check form and get your blood pressure taken. You will then be shown how to use all the machines. In the coming weeks we will begin doing programs for people, which will be at an extra cost to people paying the pay as you go rate. The price of this is yet to be decided but again should be advertised on the site in the next week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭sonicthebadger*

Would be a nicer experience if they just kept the dressing rooms seperate!

I think the idea of splitting up families or an individual parent not being able to keep their family together in the changing room is a bit outdated to be honest. Also I personally hate the way in single sex dressing rooms there's very little privacy, I don't care if they're the same gender, I don't want to be getting naked in front of people I don't know!

There are now 3 and 6 month leisure pass options available! Check out the website for more info on these and other great offers!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Carverkid

I train there most days and it a great pool only its a bit shallow. They had planning permission for a 50m pool I think. Why they didn't take is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

I was down there today. Brought the little un. Not impressed with the cleanliness (or lack of!). Toilets in the Dressing Rooms were dirty and according to the chart on the door hadn't been cleaned today and they looked it too. Showers were dirty too - phlegm dried into the wall. Not nice at all. And there seems to be an army of staff there but not, apparrantley, doing much. The two "Lifeguards" were sat side by side deep in conversation. It's a shame really. Nice building and nice facilities. Just needs to be given a clean up fairly regularly.

I also think it's quite expensive for a Gym and swim (though I didn't get to use the Gym today) compared to the Hotels around...

• Advertisement
Advertisement