Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desks in the Ilac centre Library

Options
  • 07-06-2010 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

I tried to ring yesterday, but they weren't open & obviously not today, but does anyone know if you have to book a place before you arrive or can you just take a seat that's free?

There's one group of desks at the end (infront of the Irish language & fiction books) which have internet access. They seem to be the only ones you need to book a place for, I might be wrong though.

If I've put this in the wrong forum, could the mod then please move it?

Any info's appreciated, thanks:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

First come, first serve basis as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

You can't book ahead. The internet desks are usually for people using the internet for short periods, they are not intended as study desks.

The best plan is to arrive shortly before they open at 10am.

I think all the libraries were closed for the bank holiday weekend, the one in Cabra was closed on Saturday anyway. Libraries are never open on Sundays, or bank holiday Mondays. So you won't get an answer if you phone on Sundays, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Jay Pentatonic

Nice one guys, great help!

The best plan is to arrive shortly before they open at 10am.

Does it really get quite full that early!? I wouldn't have thought so...

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

I just thought they would be busier at the moment, as all the Leaving Cert/Junior Cert exams are going on. Most of the other libraries are definitely busier now anyway.

Good luck with the studying!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Every time I go the desks are all taken from about 11am onward.

I think some people go in there just for somewhere to sit...

• Advertisement
Advertisement