Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 10 World Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

colly54 wrote: »
    Group A
    Joe bet czam 3-1
    Group B
    Wools bet conco 1 -0

Thats according to league tables recent games...

Group A

France 1-3 Netherlands

our 2nd match, thought Joe would of posted it, since he won

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Right lads, I want to ask ye a question here. Apparently one of our players (it doesn't matter who) wouldn't play his games in the league which was set up. He has instead sent a request and played his matches in the be a pro team match mode, or something. What exactle is this and is it acceptable?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Be a pro mode is where you control one player and the rest of the team is run by the computer im pretty sure. I think also you can have other people controlling the players also like people online. Havnt a clue why he would want that, unless he wants some sort of advantage...

I hope people arent taking this super serious, its only a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Just letting ye know I won't be available until thursday after tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

gooch2k9 wrote: »

Wanna play our second match tonight so?

• Advertisement

Aye can do that. Not sure what time yet but I'll do me best to get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ChasingDreams.

The only reason I played both of my matches in Be a Pro, is because I could not connect with either of my two opponents through the league, a normal head-to-head match, or through a lobby. That's the only way we were able to play against each other.

Both of us picked "Any" so that we were controlling all players, and we both changed the camera angle back to normal. The only difference from here is the bar at the bottom of the screen that rates your performance.

If anyone has a problem with this, you can kick me out of the league. I just wanted to play my league games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Guys in my group, I'm available tonight and then away until Thursday.

SHZM and Manyoofan, are we playing the games tonight then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

@Kensutz

What time tonight after the match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

The only reason I played both of my matches in Be a Pro, is because I could not connect with either of my two opponents through the league, a normal head-to-head match, or through a lobby. That's the only way we were able to play against each other.

Both of us picked "Any" so that we were controlling all players, and we both changed the camera angle back to normal. The only difference from here is the bar at the bottom of the screen that rates your performance.

If anyone has a problem with this, you can kick me out of the league. I just wanted to play my league games.

grrrrrr every time I played the Be a Pro mode - I could never get the correct camera angle and ended up giving up..

I had that problem with colly I think if I remember rightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

Its justfunny how you would only play when you set up the game, and not when either me or Al_d23 invited you. Everyone else can play normally and I'd like to play my games in the normal mode, thats all. Not looking to get you kicked and your result still stands with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

SHZM and Manyoofan, are we playing the games tonight then?

Can play now if you like

u2gooner wrote: »
    Its justfunny how you would only play when you set up the game, and not when either me or Al_d23 invited you. Everyone else can play normally and I'd like to play my games in the normal mode, thats all. Not looking to get you kicked and your result still stands with me.

I tried to join your games and it didn't work, just like you couldn't join my games. Find a way we can play normally and I'll play, no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I tried to join your games and it didn't work, just like you couldn't join my games. Find a way we can play normally and I'll play, no problem.

What Internet Provider are you using and what NAT type?

AL_D23 beat me 4-1 PORTUGAL 1 - 4 USA

....And again....

USA 2 - 0 PORTUGAL

Well done, your first result obviously didnt show your true colours!!

We did that team play thing a few times in the other league. No problem with it. But have a practice match first if you've never done it before.

Shzm wrote: »
    Can play now if you like
    Ok ill play the 2 games against you now, ill be on in 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 alandoyle23

u2gooner wrote: »

have to agree with u2gooner here. u wont accept invites to play in that mode either. i never played as all the team members and when i was changing my camera at the start the game did not pause and u took possession off me. in my eyes 18percent dnf rating says alot!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

Mite get 1 or both of our games outa the way too if ur around 2day. If not its no hassle for thursday

• Advertisement

I can get on now if your about?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

I can get on now if your about?
    Yep 5 mins suit ?

Yes sir.

I won my 2 games against shzm. First was Mexico 3-0 new zeleand. Second was 5-0. Good games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Yeah, NZ is just too slow for a team like mexico. Good games though, but wasn't too fond of that blue ball :pac:

Chasingdreams beat me again in our second match.

England 3 - 2 Portugal

Thats me gone anyway, 4 defeats :eek:

have to agree with u2gooner here. u wont accept invites to play in that mode either. i never played as all the team members and when i was changing my camera at the start the game did not pause and u took possession off me. in my eyes 18percent dnf rating says alot!

That's bull**** anyway. I've accepted every one of both your invites. The select team screen comes up, and after about ten seconds, "This game session is no longer available."

You can't pause Team Play matches, when you pause the action goes on. There's no way I took the ball off you when paused. Against both of you, whether I had tip or not, I waited until you started running after me, or running with the ball.

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Group F
    Italy 4 - 1 Paraguay.

Was all ready to make up for the mess that was the first match (lost 2-1 to Cameroon yesterday)....then proceeded to kick out the ball to the Italian forward...... I'm too used to playing with friends cuz we don't score them. argh.
    After that I couldnt deal with the strength of the Italians even though theyre slow at the back. 4-1 was def harsh imo

Also...For the first time in online play, my keeper went up for the corner and Italy then scored from their own half. Why aren't you allowed just control it yourself like in offline mode?

Paraguay 2 - 2 Cameroon

Once again got off to a hopeless start. I forgot that Paraguayan defenders cant pass the ball so when I tried to pass from one CB to the other it only got half way and some fast chap tucked it away. Then got a harsh sending off and conceded a penalty which at the time I was sure was outside the box but was obv just inside.

At least from now on I won't have to endure having to play with Paraguay ever again! Can enjoy the World Cup now as opposed to cursing at a screen at half 12 at night! *

*In morning?

Paraguay 0 - 0 Italy

Don't know how neither team failed to score!

No wins for me. Hopefully get a better team in 4 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 alandoyle23

played chasing dreams again there in the team pro thing and got hockeyed 8-3. my tip to win.
    when are people aiming to get the next round underway as i think all group games are finished in our league now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Posted a screenshot of the results, but then realised there was 2 pages and I'm too lazy. Click on the link in my sig to check your group table and results.

Advertisement