Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 10 World Cup

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Need a hug colly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

Need a hug colly?[/QUOTE/]

Why cant you just finish the argument??
    Stop being big headed...
    As i said ill beat u in quarters so im happy :D

Alright I look forward to a good game, now good night colly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

14 games left

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Fizman wrote: »
    Lads my copy of Fifa still hasn't arrived. I know the two other lads in Group G are eager to play so I reckon that if it doesn't arrive by Friday morning at the latest (if it does I can definitely play some games Friday evening) my position can be voided as I don't want to be stalling anyone.

Cool, I should be about Friday for a bit, but definitely around Saturday afternoon.
    Töpher wrote: »
    Fizman, I'm demanding 3-0's now... I don't want to have t'play Brazil! :D Get a dog and threaten your postman with it! :)

I'm hoping he beats you twice 2-0, then I beat him 4-0 in both matches.:D I play colly the odd time and to say he slaughters me is an underestimation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I'm hoping he beats you twice 2-0, then I beat him 4-0 in both matches.:D I play colly the odd time and to say he slaughters me is an underestimation.

Colly is muck, no need to worry
    *sits & waits for backlash from colly* :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

thewools wrote: »
    I need to play conco27 and phil27 - any time suit guys??

i can play u after the world cup match tonight if that suits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

alanc2003 wrote: »
    i can play u after the world cup match tonight if that suits

Might be later - I have to go to training then collect my car tonight from the mechanic...

I reckon it could be around 11 again until I'm online if that suits you...

Think I just missed you last last night as it said you were last online 2mins before I logged on :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

thewools wrote: »
    Might be later - I have to go to training then collect my car tonight from the mechanic...

I reckon it could be around 11 again until I'm online if that suits you...

Think I just missed you last last night as it said you were last online 2mins before I logged on :rolleyes:
    i was just on beating conco twice to qualify for the 2nd round of the world cup so even if you do hammer me it doesnt matter - ill be playing with no worry so get ready for a tough cupla games or 3 my friend!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

Uruguay 1 - 0 Australia
    Uruguay 2 - 1 Australia

Woohoo, i made it to the 2nd round!! didnt think i would actually but there you have it - was a bit lucky in the 1st game with some last ditch defending but after that i got rite into it - really dominated the 2nd game and conco scored his first free kick ever from about 40 yards but i was too strong in the end and held out comfotable for the win and look forward to topping the group and taking on whoever in the 2nd!! BRING IT!!:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Ireland or Spain want to play today.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 alandoyle23

if mexico wants to get the first of the knockout games out of the way ill be online after the argentina game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ChasingDreams.

Manyoofan, I've added you, so whenever you're ready, we'll get our Last 16 game out of the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Greece quit after 60 mins. Spain 3-0 Greece

Osu wrote: »
    Greece quit after 60 mins. Spain 3-0 Greece

I didn't quit, it disconnected. Bit mad cause I was on the attack aswell.

Philly_C wrote: »
    I didn't quit, it disconnected. Bit mad cause I was on the attack aswell.

Yet you were still online afterwords as you were still signed in? And I was winning the match and dominated the ball, you were trying to hack down my players and the minute you got the ball you quit.

Osu wrote: »
    Yet you were still online afterwords as you were still signed in? And I was winning the match and dominated the ball, you were trying to hack down my players and the minute you got the ball you quit.

Yes I was still signed into the PSN but I was signed out of the EA servers. I don't know where you were getting that I was trying to hack down your players, did I even get a yellow? Believe what you want but I didn't quit, I was in your box and it disconnected, if I score from that chance it's 2-1 and do you remember what happened in our last match?

Anyway, Group E - Greece 2-0 Ireland.

Got 2 goals in the last 6 minutes. A draw was probaly a fair result but the ball just kept going wide for Ireland. Good Game.

Group E:

Spain 9-3 Ireland
    Spain 3-0 Greece
    Spain 2-0 Ireland

Fizman has got FIFA.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Fizman has got FIFA.:D

.....and is ready to bring the pain. :pac:

I'll give ye both a PM later when I have a better idea of when I can play.

• Advertisement

.....and is ready to bring the pain. :pac:

I'll give ye both a PM later when I have a better idea of when I can play.

Yup do, not heading out tonight as my mates can't handle two nights out in a row so I'll be around from now till whenever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Just these fixtures remaining lads before the knockout stages:

qnr953.png

Please check the results from your group to ensure they are all correct. All going well the knockout stages should start next week.
    if mexico wants to get the first of the knockout games out of the way ill be online after the argentina game?

Just wondering if you've assumed there'll be two legs in the knockout stages :confused:

No sign of Fizman, both me and Topher are online so would be ideal to get the 4 games outta the way. The younger bro is home and well it's his PS3 and it's in his room so I'll be getting kicked out in a bit.

No sign of Fizman, both me and Topher are online so would be ideal to get the 4 games outta the way. The younger bro is home and well it's his PS3 and it's in his room so I'll be getting kicked out in a bit.

Hey sorry man, just home now. I can play tonight if you like? FIFA is still in its plastic mind, so I might sneak a quick game beforehand just to find out you know.........how to pass and shoot! :o

Does south africa/manyoofan want the game now? If not PM me, or message here when so ill know when abouts.

Hey sorry man, just home now. I can play tonight if you like? FIFA is still in its plastic mind, so I might sneak a quick game beforehand just to find out you know.........how to pass and shoot! :o

You have to be lieing.:D

Group G

Argentina (Fizman ) 2-2 dungdoc (Gavin "shels")
    Argentina (Fizman ) 4-1 dungdoc (Gavin "shels") :eek:

The second match had to be done outside of the league, but we both agreed to it. Our first match died when we were drawing, got a message saying some crap about the EA Servers, so afaik the match was recorded as 0-0 in the league.

You have to be lieing.:D

Group G

Argentina (Fizman ) 2-2 Switzerland(Gavin "shels")
    Argentina (Fizman ) 4-1 Switzerland(Gavin "shels") :eek:

The second match had to be done outside of the league, but we both agreed to it. Our first match died when we were drawing, got a message saying some crap about the EA Servers, so afaik the match was recorded as 0-0 in the league.

Honestly mate........first game of footy I've played in a LONG time (apart from owning PES 2010 and playing it twice, I had one practice game before you invited me). Would you believe this is the first FIFA I've played in about 10 years! :O

Good games though. The second one was obviously much more enjoyable/playable due to no lag whereas it was brutal in the first.

I'm kinda glad in a way our first completed game ended in 2-2, seeing as it was 2-2 in the timed out game. What had me worried was that in the very first one you were through one on one with my keeper when it timed out. :eek:

Straight away I thought to myself....."Oh no, he is totally gonna think I jumped ship"! I thought my reputation on here was gonna be destroyed before it even got started!

I'm kinda glad in a way our first completed game ended in 2-2, seeing as it was 2-2 in the timed out game. What had me worried was that in the very first one you were through one on one with my keeper when it timed out. :eek:

That was fairly sick alright, was literally just about to pass it out wide and would have been 3-2.:o Aw well you most likely have colly54 in the next round if you finish 2nd and well he's about a million times better than me.

That was fairly sick alright, was literally just about to pass it out wide and would have been 3-2.:o Aw well you most likely have colly54 in the next round if you finish 2nd and well he's about a million times better than me.

Well I still have to play Denmark so who knows! A few more practice games to try to iron out my cobwebs and I'll be good to go I think! Granted there was a big difference in the quality of both sides....I'm not going to get ahead of myself here, but I'm just happy that I could compete.....as my expectations were nil!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I wont be back until tomorrow night - after half ten I reckon; so if Conco27 and Phil27 can play then that would be great!! :)

Advertisement