Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 10 World Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Töpher wrote: »
    Pfft, odds are you'll tank me in the one that matters! :(

Won't be around Friday, and possibly not tomorrow, but sure we'll end up online at the same time at some stage!

Not around this evening? I get my results Thursday, so I probably won't be around from then until Sunday or Monday :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I'll swing on for a bit before the World Cup, and maybe for a bit after - though I'm struggling to stay awake as it is at the moment! Probably a good time to play and take advantage so! :pac: :o

I'll swing on for a bit before the World Cup, and maybe for a bit after - though I'm struggling to stay awake as it is at the moment! Probably a better time than usual to play me so! :pac:

Less of the excuses, you won't need them ;)

If I kick off confident I lose, guaranteed! So I do the opposite - sometimes works! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

Why do you want manyoofan to play his fixture when it has no irrelevance whatsoever....just go to knockout stages!!

• Advertisement

colly54 wrote: »
    Why do you want manyoofan to play his fixture when it has no irrelevance whatsoever....just go to knockout stages!!

Just like when United win they league they don't have to play their remaining games??? Regardless of the importance of the fixture, I'd like it to be played!

L'prof wrote: »
    Just like when United win they league they don't have to play their remaining games??? Regardless of the importance of the fixture, I'd like it to be played!

Fair enough suppose we will all wait....And this is for the laugh not the premiership....Its their JOBS!!!

Manyoofan is in work 5-10 monday - thursday this week....
    Plus he will be watching world cup games and doing other things...
    So if u want to delay all the fixtures till saturday fair enough...

Fair enough suppose we will all wait....And this is for the laugh not the premiership....Its their JOBS!!!

Manyoofan is in work 5-10 monday - thursday this week....
    Plus he will be watching world cup games and doing other things...
    So if u want to delay all the fixtures till saturday fair enough...

I already said I don't mind if fixtures go ahead, but I want him to play his remaining group game before he progresses to the knockout stages, otherwise I'll award his opponent a by.

I know this is only a bit of a laugh, but I've put a fair bit of effort into organising it and would like to see it played in it's entirety.

Since you have so many opinions, please just organise the next one and save me the trouble!

I already said I don't mind if fixtures go ahead, but I want him to play his remaining group game before he progresses to the knockout stages, otherwise I'll award his opponent a by.

I know this is only a bit of a laugh, but I've put a fair bit of effort into organising it and would like to see it played in it's entirety.

Since you have so many opinions, please just organise the next one and save me the trouble!

What justification will you get from him playing his match?? haha :confused:

What justification will you get from him playing his match?? haha :confused:

Your attitude's all wrong to be honest. He had 4 group games to play, so he plays them...simple as!

• Advertisement

Your attitude's all wrong to be honest. He had 4 group games to play, so he plays them...simple as!

Attitude?? I dont really have an attitude when it comes to playstation apart from having fun...
    Where yours is disciplined and precise...

Attitude?? I dont really have an attitude when it comes to playstation apart from having fun...
    Where yours is disciplined and precise...

Whatever.

Reminder: You must play all knockout games outside the league in order to be able to go to extra time and penalties if needs be.

Denmark 1-0 Ecuador (aet)

Very tight game and I genuinely lost concentration at the wrong second and he was through for a 1-on-1. I had a few half chances myself that I might have made more of if I took my time, but that's just the way it goes. Lost to the better player in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ChasingDreams.

Hmm, I have to play Manyoofan in the next round. Hopefully, I won't have to wait that long, because I'll be away all next week.

Ecuador 0-1 Denmark, AET

Wow, both sides had a shocker in this one (I think, hope that's not an insult L'prof! :D). Sorensen kept Denmark in it, with some good saves from close range as the usual solidity of the Danish defence was replaced with some sort of brownish liquidy goo. Ecuador created plenty of chances, but were let down by poor finishing as they were nearly all fired right down Sorensen's throat. Thats what she said.

At the other end, Denmark fashioned plenty of chances, but at the end of 90 minutes had only hit 20% on target! :eek: By the end of extra time that had shot up to a whopping 30%, disgraceful stuff! :mad: Still, Norstrand was fed through and slotted home on the 97th - but it didn't stop me trying to throw it away!

[edit]
    Now I can go to sleep, yay! :pac: Heh.

Ecuador 0-1 Denmark, AET

Wow, both sides had a shocker in this one (I think, hope that's not an insult L'prof! :D). Sorensen kept Denmark in it, with some good saves from close range as the usual solidity of the Danish defence was replaced with some sort of brownish liquidy goo. Ecuador created plenty of chances, but were let down by poor finishing as they were nearly all fired right down Sorensen's throat. Thats what she said.

At the other end, Denmark fashioned plenty of chances, but at the end of 90 minutes had only hit 20% on target! :eek: By the end of extra time that had shot up to a whopping 30%, disgraceful stuff! :mad: Still, Norstrand was fed through and slotted home on the 97th - but it didn't stop me trying to throw it away!

Not at all, I haven't really been able to find my feet with this Ecuador team, generally being limited to half chances and just trying to shut out the opposition, I can't say I'll be sad to see the back of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Colly, when are you available to destroy me? :o I could be on later tonight possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Osu, when do you want to play me?

Fizman wrote: »
    Colly, when are you available to destroy me? :o I could be on later tonight possibly.

I'm going on now , should be around till 9ish...just leave comment on this when ur ready

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I'm going on now , should be around till 9ish...just leave comment on this when ur ready

Going online soon......should be on for an hour or two possibly.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Hey can I just forfeit my game to Manyoofan as I cant be arsed waiting around for him and dont want to be holding people up. Im sure I still qualify anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

When does Korea want to play our match? I added you on the PSN a few days ago but you still haven't accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Gillysome (Cameroon) can you play me (thewools - Germany) later on this evening?

5.30ish???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ChasingDreams.

Hey can I just forfeit my game to Manyoofan as I cant be arsed waiting around for him and dont want to be holding people up. Im sure I still qualify anyway.

I'm supposed the play him in the Last 16, but I'll be away from Sunday - Sunday, and he hasn't been online since five days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

thewools wrote: »
    Gillysome (Cameroon) can you play me (thewools - Germany) later on this evening?

5.30ish???

Yep 100% i'll be on around then. Just drop me a msg wen ur ready to play

Gillysome wrote: »
    Yep 100% i'll be on around then. Just drop me a msg wen ur ready to play

Sound :)

thewools (Germany) 5 : 0 Gillysome (Cameroon)

Was one up at the break could have been different only for the woodwork :)
    I switched my counter attacking formation then to a more balanced layout and it resulted in a few goals... Good game tho gilly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

thewools wrote: »
    thewools (Germany) 5 : 0 Gillysome (Cameroon)

Was one up at the break could have been different only for the woodwork :)
    I switched my counter attacking formation then to a more balanced layout and it resulted in a few goals... Good game tho gilly!!

Yep good game mate. I was just glad to keep it at 1 for so long:D Dunno whos shot was better at the woodwork......ur clearance or my shot :eek: Good luk in it

• Registered Users Posts: 18 alandoyle23

Mexico/SmudgeDope whats the story with our last 16 game i sent u a few invites there but u signed out without replying to any of my messages? when do u want to play?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Mexico/SmudgeDope whats the story with our last 16 game i sent u a few invites there but u signed out without replying to any of my messages? when do u want to play?
    Oh right, those fifa notifications are hard to notice sometimes. Ill be on in 2 mins.

Advertisement