Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 10 World Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

Would it be alright if I could take part in this??

PSN is Gillysome

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sure I'll give this a shot. PSN is dungdoc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

How do these work, everyone just adds each other on the PSN and then when a fixture is to be played one player adds one into a lobby or what?

Pretty much, I'll suss out the competition layout in Fifa first. At the very least I'll get ye all to register for a "league", that way all the results can be verified.
    Kyromancer wrote: »
    I'm definitely up for this. My PSN ID is ChasingDreams-

ChasingDreams- or ChasingDreams?
    Do we get to pick our teams, or is that drawn randomly?
    Philt27 wrote: »
    So is it done randomly on the PS, the draw i mean, or how does it work? when will we get this started - next week?? lookin forward to it!!

I'm going to make a video of the draw and post it in this thread, I'll probably do a draw for the groups too. Hope to get it started around the weekend. Might try and spread the games out to last the duration of the World Cup, but I'm open to suggestions on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

L'prof wrote: »
    Pretty much, I'll suss out the competition layout in Fifa first. At the very least I'll get ye all to register for a "league", that way all the results can be verified.

I'm going to make a video of the draw and post it in this thread, I'll probably do a draw for the groups too. Hope to get it started around the weekend. Might try and spread the games out to last the duration of the World Cup, but I'm open to suggestions on that.

try to get group games done in the first week because it always takes longer than that ....dont drag it out intentionally ...It will by itself

colly54 wrote: »
    try to get group games done in the first week because it always takes longer than that ....dont drag it out intentionally ...It will by itself

You're probably right there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Kyromancer

ChasingDreams-

ChasingDreams-

Cool, just making sure it wasn't a typo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Do ya havta be good?

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Do ya havta be good?

No, I wouldn't be great. As long as you play your games in a sporting fashion and don't quit any of them, that's all that matters!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Ah stick me in so. Not familiar with how this works though, whens the games and all?

PSN: mikeoshea

• Advertisement

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Ah stick me in so. Not familiar with how this works though, whens the games and all?

PSN: mikeoshea

Just keep an eye on this thread, I hope to get it started around the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

ill be heading away the weekend so ill probably have to give this one a miss..:mad: **** it anyway

Devil08 wrote: »
    ill be heading away the weekend so ill probably have to give this one a miss..:mad: **** it anyway

When will you be around (before and after)?

When will you be around (before and after)?

wont be back until the 21st June. Would it be better starting it in afew weeks so that the final is on in or around the actual world cup final? If its started this week it will prob be over after about two weeks? just a thought:D

wont be back until the 21st June. Would it be better starting it in afew weeks so that the final is on in or around the actual world cup final? If its started this week it will prob be over after about two weeks? just a thought:D

Just a thought that would coincide with you being able to play ;) I don't know about delaying it to be honest, I reckon it could easily take 3-4 weeks to get it finished. These things never run as smoothly as you'd imagine.

Just a thought that would coincide with you being able to play ;) I don't know about delaying it to be honest, I reckon it could easily take 3-4 weeks to get it finished. These things never run as smoothly as you'd imagine.

ah well worth a try :P! ill just havta wait til the next tournament i suppose! by the way whoever gets France, are the opposing team allowed go out to intentially hack down Henry!?

ah well worth a try :P! ill just havta wait til the next tournament i suppose! by the way whoever gets France, are the opposing team allowed go out to intentially hack down Henry!?

Haha, no.

Haha, no.

would justice be served by replacing France with Ireland in this tournament!? :D Its only right...

I don't even know if Ireland will be in it yet. Depends on how many sign up and if people specifically want them in (if we don't get 32). Either way, it'll be a fair draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Count me in L'prof

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

thewools wrote: »
    Count me in L'prof

ffs
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭hatchets27

yeah sign me up please

Only 5 lads from the league left to respond. Numbers are looking good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

would justice be served by replacing France with Ireland in this tournament!? :D Its only right...

:rolleyes:
    Only 5 lads from the league left to respond. Numbers are looking good so far.

Is it usually that you have a few days to play each of the matches? Just wondering as I tend not to be able to play weekends, between work, drinking, sleeping and the PS3 being my bro's and in his room.

Is it usually that you have a few days to play each of the matches? Just wondering as I tend not to be able to play weekends, between work, drinking, sleeping and the PS3 being my bro's and in his room.

I'd imagine so. I'd be aiming to play each round every few days, this may be a bit too optimistic, but there'll obviously be some leeway. We'll see how it progresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 manyoofan

im in, psn: manyoofan1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Stick me down if you're stuck for numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Yeah throw my name in too. I'm doing my leaving atm but after next wednesday I've only one exam left(on the following Monday) so I should be able to get my games played.

PSN is philly_c_.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

If youre stuck for a player I'd be interested. PSNid: steve1188

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Once we get all the teams filled, can we get some games going? I hope this doesnt drag on for weeks as people will loose interest, leave etc. It always happens. Weekends wont be great for me though, with the world cup starting this weekend, going out, working etc.

But during the week is OK for me.

Advertisement