Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 10 World Cup

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Chasing Dreams

Haha, good game mate! I didn't even mean to take you out when I did. You were 2 vs. 1 through on goal, and I was trying to slide to block out the pass across but I accidentally got you. Then I booted it over the crossbar from six yards out instead of into the goal. It would've been a definite goal anyway, so I was just being fair. Mind you, if it was 0-0, I probably wouldn't have done it.

I could lucky with my first goal as well. One on one with the 'keeper is saved, but luckily for me the rebound fell straight back to me leaving me with a simple tap-in to take the lead.

I was going crazy after your second goal, lol. That was a massive deflection.

It was a good game tough. Hopefully, I'll get past the semi-final, and I'll take it from there. Would be a miracle though considering my league form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Having no luck getting hold of Osu for this game. Sent messages no answer, and didn't reply today when we were both on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Hey who do I have to play guys? Im mexico btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Here you go.
    thewools wrote: »
    colly54 - colly54 : Brazil

What's the story with the other quarter final?

• Advertisement

What's the story with the other quarter final?

Waiting for Osu to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

you want to play now??

yeah ok be on in 5 mins.

Brazil 6-1 Mexico

Next is theWools ...
    ah well it was good while it lasted haha

colly54 wrote: »
    Brazil 6-1 Mexico

Next is theWools ...
    ah well it was good while it lasted haha
    Im out of the cup :(:(

haha im still pretty hungover and tired from oxegen

But few things on the game if it matters. I was by far the better team in the first half and should have been 3-0 up but for the fact that mexico doesnt have 85+ rated strikers, highest being like 75. I was through on goal a few times and refused to manual chip, or do a cutback as its cheap, suppose I should have looking back on it but sure, so I tried a finesse shot, but their keeper is one of the best, so yeah...;)

Funny though seeing brazil start to manual chip into the box from the wing and all that, stand in front of the keeper to try and get a rebound off the ball, once I took the lead and started to play good.

Manual chips, rebounds and cutbacks started to fly in for brazil, so I went attacking to try and win and it was typical speedy brazil play then.

One more thing brazil, did you really have to start juggling the ball in the corner while you were 5-1 up with 10 minutes to go? What was the need for that like? :rolleyes:

Oh well, good tournament. Cheers to Lprof for putting the effort into organise this and keep it going. Usually these fall apart after a few weeks.

• Advertisement

Im out of the cup :(:(

haha im still pretty hungover and tired from oxegen

But few things on the game if it matters. I was by far the better team in the first half and should have been 3-0 up but for the fact that mexico doesnt have 85+ rated strikers, highest being like 75. I was through on goal a few times and refused to manual chip, or do a cutback as its cheap, suppose I should have looking back on it but sure, so I tried a finesse shot, but their keeper is one of the best, so yeah...;)

Funny though seeing brazil start to manual chip into the box from the wing and all that, stand in front of the keeper to try and get a rebound off the ball, once I took the lead and started to play good.

Manual chips, rebounds and cutbacks started to fly in for brazil, so I went attacking to try and win and it was typical speedy brazil play then.

One more thing brazil, did you really have to start juggling the ball in the corner while you were 5-1 up with 10 minutes to go? What was the need for that like? :rolleyes:

Oh well, good tournament. Cheers to Lprof for putting the effort into organise this and keep it going. Usually these fall apart after a few weeks.

Ill start off with the fact that possession was 58 for me 42 for you at half time....
    So i don't know where your getting your domination from plus i had 7 shots 4 on target you had 6 and 3.....

Manual chip?? how is it funny??

Sure i was bored scoring had to try something else :rolleyes:...and it was with 2 minutes left...

Stop blaming Mexico just because you couldnt finish doesnt mean anything....
    I would beat you if we switched teams any day...
    3-0 half time for you no chance ...

Heh, not in the humour to get into a big debate here, just saying it was very even while it was 0-0 and still so at 1-0 to me. I was the better team in the first half easily, you had no good play, just 1-2 lobbed passing using kaka and them, and trying to outpace my defenders by racing down the wing and going into the box for the obvious cutback, I was using the wings, doing drilled and deep crosses, trying long ranged shots, doing overlapping etc. Once you went ahead I was chasing the game and playing all attack, my players were tried and your super fast brazil players just outpaced and were quicker to the ball than mine.

I couldnt care less what the possesion was, its well known in football that possession means nothing unless you do something with it, like many italian club teams, who just pass the ball around but rarely attempt a shot. They try and walk the ball in the net.

It was funny as it showed how badly you wanted to win as you didnt even try something good, just abusing the manual chip. As I said, I was playing with a hangover, still really tired, and a far worse team than yours, yet still was beating you comfortably. Take from that what you will lad.

Yes, I would have been 3-0 up if I had manual chipped or did a cutback since the keeper was storming out and no defenders to the sides, and I was one on one.

Oh well im out, thanks for the game and good luck in the tournie. And im sure you could beat me if I was a 5 star team too, thats probably what the outcome would be yeah.

Heh, not in the humour to get into a big debate here, just saying it was very even while it was 0-0 and still so at 1-0 to me. I was the better team in the first half easily, you had no good play, just 1-2 lobbed passing using kaka and them, and trying to outpace my defenders by racing down the wing and going into the box for the obvious cutback, I was using the wings, doing drilled and deep crosses, trying long ranged shots, doing overlapping etc. Once you went ahead I was chasing the game and playing all attack, my players were tried and your super fast brazil players just outpaced and were quicker to the ball than mine.

I couldnt care less what the possesion was, its well known in football that possession means nothing unless you do something with it, like many italian club teams, who just pass the ball around but rarely attempt a shot. They try and walk the ball in the net.

It was funny as it showed how badly you wanted to win as you didnt even try something good, just abusing the manual chip. As I said, I was playing with a hangover, still really tired, and a far worse team than yours, yet still was beating you comfortably. Take from that what you will lad.

Yes, I would have been 3-0 up if I had manual chipped or did a cutback since the keeper was storming out and no defenders to the sides, and I was one on one.

Oh well im out, thanks for the game and good luck in the tournie. And im sure you could beat me if I was a 5 star team too, thats probably what the outcome would be yeah.

You did try a chip because my keeper had to run back and get it.....
    I dont understand your problem...
    Why do you think the buttons are there???
    Well if it doesnt matter about possesion then it also well known in football that if the scores are 1 all then one side doesnt deserve to win more....
    If you were beating me comfortably you probably would have won

6-1
    6-1
    6-1

Does that sound like you were the better team??
    Grow up and accept the defeat...
    You were crap and there is no 2 ways about it!!

6-1
    6-1
    6-1

Does that sound like you were the better team??
    Grow up and accept the defeat...
    You were crap and there is no 2 ways about it!!

Shut the **** up and stop being a ******. You could at least show some sportsmanship.

I hope you get destroyed in the semi-final. Better still, I'll beat you myself in the final. Can't wait!

Shut the **** up and stop being a ******. You could at least show some sportsmanship.

I hope you get destroyed in the semi-final. Better still, I'll beat you myself in the final. Can't wait!

I did i just posted the scoreline at the start...
    But then he comes out with all this crap of him being the better team and should have been 3 nil up...
    Plus your not allowed use the chip??
    Next time maybe ill let him play for me and him what you wreckon??

Come on lads, what's the hold up now???

L'prof wrote: »
    Come on lads, what's the hold up now???

Just waiting on theWools

We will prob get our game played tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Just waiting on theWools

I can play you between 5.15 - 6.30ish or later in the night >11?? What suits you?

Just waiting on theWools

No worries, there's still a game in the previous round that has to be played!

Well I've sent messages to Osu on both this and psn, no reply and he has been on he psn, as have I.

I'm not able to play after tomorrow, going abroad, so I'll let the boss make a decision on it.

• Advertisement

Got the game played. 5-4 to Italy after extra time. Cracker of a game.

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Got the game played. 5-4 to Italy after extra time. Cracker of a game.

What was the score in normal time?

3-3.

Brazil 3-2 Germany

I enjoyed the first half which finished 2-1 but the second half the connection kept lagging.....

Very annoying as this has never happened playing thewools before

Brazil 3-2 Germany

I enjoyed the first half which finished 2-1 but the second half the connection kept lagging.....

Very annoying as this has never happened playing thewools before

Ye i was very close to just quitting the game... couldnt string two passes together!! No idea why - everyseems ok here playing COD now and all good!!

I only got into the game when the lag kinda went away but it was way too late!!

Oh btw nice cheeky manual chip - ill give u a big frown :mad: Not the most popular of shots in the game!! :rolleyes:

Ye i was very close to just quitting the game... couldnt string two passes together!! No idea why - everyseems ok here playing COD now and all good!!

I only got into the game when the lag kinda went away but it was way too late!!

Oh btw nice cheeky manual chip - ill give u a big frown :mad: Not the most popular of shots in the game!! :rolleyes:

You done one at the end...:rolleyes:

You done one at the end...:rolleyes:

Not a manual one :cool:

i play with auto shooting - looked like a manual chip shot of yours!!

Not a manual one :cool:

i play with auto shooting - looked like a manual chip shot of yours!!

How do you do manual chip??

How do you do manual chip??

If you play with manual shooting as your settings... You may not but it looked like one anyways!!

• Advertisement

If you play with manual shooting as your settings... You may not but it looked like one anyways!!

But i dont understand ha what is the difference between a manual one and a automatic one?? im confused ha:confused:

Advertisement