Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 10 World Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

L'prof wrote: »
    If we get 3 more this evening to make it 24, I don't see the harm. If not, then what does everyone else think? It'd just mean you playing a couple of games as soon as you get it, probably midweek.

That would be no problem anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 alandoyle23

lads put me in. Al_D23 is my playstation network id thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

If anyone wants a warm up game or two, feel free to add me to psn

psn is shazamie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Id be up for starting this tonight as ive nothing planned to do really, thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Id be up for starting this tonight as ive nothing planned to do really, thoughts?

I'll be doing the draw tonight anyway, between that, setting up the league, getting people to join, adding all to friends lists, we'd be doing well to get a game or two played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

I'll be doing the draw tonight anyway, between that, setting up the league, getting people to join, adding all to friends lists, we'd be doing well to get a game or two played.

You dont have the numbers yet!!!
    Plus you would only need to add one or two people depending who is in your league

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Semi - final draw for that warm up thingy. Hopefully play all games (max 2 each :P ) today.

Aha Shake (brazil) psn = AhaShake vs. propane nightmare (france) psn = SmudgeDope

l'prof (argentina) psn= orrj2 vs. gooch 2k9 (mexico) psn= mikeoshea

I'd say just add on psn and play head to head tbh. :D

colly54 wrote: »
    You dont have the numbers yet!!!

23 isn't too far off what we will get though and with the World Cup startin tomorrow, people will be anxious to get started.

I could leave the draw until tomorrow, but it'd have to be after the last game then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Evbevmagevbof

Sign me up!

PSN: Evbevmagevbof

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

How many ave we lads?? Anyone up for a quick warm up match now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Fowler87 wrote: »
    How many ave we lads?? Anyone up for a quick warm up match now?

Sure - add me to psn - shazamie

Fizman wrote: »
    I'll leave it up to ye to decide if you think I should be in or not at this late stage.

What's your PSN?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

What's your PSN?

Fizman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Whats the story with these games today?

I was going to do the draw tonight, but since the site was down and "we don't have the players" ;), I'll leave it until tomorrow night after the France game :(

At the moment we have 24 players. Originally I was thinking 8 groups of 3 with the top 2 from each group qualifying, but would 6 groups of 4 be better? The top 2 from each group qualifying with the 4 best third placed teams going through too?
    gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Whats the story with these games today?

Am I supposed to play you? I was on there for an hour or two, dunno if I'll get back on tonight.

If ya can get on after 10 I'll be on otherwise message me whenever tomorrow.

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    If ya can get on after 10 I'll be on otherwise message me whenever tomorrow.

Might get on again...just not sure how long after 10!

Let me know sure.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

So how exactly does this work lads? I work shifts so theres nights when I wont be available and days when I will. I dont work more than 2 nights in a row tho so dont worry. Also Il be away for 6 days next week. My mate can fill in so dont worry, I wont hold up proceedings.

Is it a case of the two players organising a game between themselves and reporting the result?

Sorry, Im new to this.

u2gooner wrote: »
    So how exactly does this work lads? I work shifts so theres nights when I wont be available and days when I will. I dont work more than 2 nights in a row tho so dont worry. Also Il be away for 6 days next week. My mate can fill in so dont worry, I wont hold up proceedings.

Is it a case of the two players organising a game between themselves and reporting the result?

Sorry, Im new to this.

I'm going to do a draw for the groups and then set up a league for us all to join. You can challenge the players you're scheduled to play in there and afterwards record the result here. After that I'll check the results by logging into the league and upload the results to league republic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I'm going to do a draw for the groups and then set up a league for us all to join. You can challenge the players you're scheduled to play in there and afterwards record the result here. After that I'll check the results by logging into the league and upload the results to league republic.

Make sure you PM the code for the league. You don't want rogue users joining!

Osu wrote: »
    Make sure you PM the code for the league. You don't want rogue users joining!

Yep, the only thing I'm concerned about is the knockout stages. If they're played in the league, then there can't be extra time and pens. Maybe they'll have to be private games.

Originally I was thinking 8 groups of 3 with the top 2 from each group qualifying, but would 6 groups of 4 be better? The top 2 from each group qualifying with the 4 best third placed teams going through too?

Might be difficult either way. I can see a lot of ties both ways. Make sure you state the Rules for who goes through e.g goal difference...
    Plus who plays who in knockout?? Top teams against 2nd teams?? Maybe even 8 groups of 3 play everyone twice :)

Yep, the only thing I'm concerned about is the knockout stages. If they're played in the league, then there can't be extra time and pens. Maybe they'll have to be private games.
    Yeah sure there has never been problems with cheating before so doubt there will be any problem...

colly54 wrote: »
    Might be difficult either way. I can see a lot of ties both ways. Make sure you state the Rules for who goes through e.g goal difference...
    Plus who plays who in knockout?? Top teams against 2nd teams?? Maybe even 8 groups of 3 play everyone twice :)

Everyone playing twice might be an idea in 8 groups of 3. What does everyone else think. The Knockout stages will be decided before we start, but I'd prefer if people don't want players racing ahead either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ChasingDreams.

I've thought a bit about this. Originally, I thought six groups of four would be best, but it won't work out later on. You would have twelve in the first knockout round, and then six in the next, which would leave you with three afterwards. Obviously, that won't work out.

Eight groups of three, with two going through from each, would leave you with sixteen in the first knockout round, which would work out.

Just my two cents...

I've thought a bit about this. Originally, I thought six groups of four would be best, but it won't work out later on. You would have twelve in the first knockout round, and then six in the next, which would leave you with three afterwards. Obviously, that won't work out.

Eight groups of three, with two going through from each, would leave you with sixteen in the first knockout round, which would work out.

Just my two cents...

We need 16 qualifying from the groups and you can force that, but whatever people want, I don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Semi - final draw for that warm up thingy. Hopefully play all games (max 2 each :P ) today.

Aha Shake (brazil) psn = AhaShake vs. propane nightmare (france) psn = SmudgeDope

l'prof (argentina) psn= orrj2 vs. gooch 2k9 (mexico) psn= mikeoshea

I'd say just add on psn and play head to head tbh. :D

Brazil 2 - France 3

Better to lose now than in the real thing :P

What f'ed up formation did you use? Seemed like 5 up front! haha

Was 2 down after 15 mins or so. Got back to 2-2 but anelka scored in 86th or so immediately following gourcuffs introduction in place of Henry

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Hopefully have the groups done by tomorrow gents, because after the Monday I'm being raped with full-time hours in work basically.:eek: So who ever I get matched up with I'll hope to get the games played by Monday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 alandoyle23

I was going to do the draw tonight, but since the site was down and "we don't have the players" ;), I'll leave it until tomorrow night after the France game :(

At the moment we have 24 players. Originally I was thinking 8 groups of 3 with the top 2 from each group qualifying, but would 6 groups of 4 be better? The top 2 from each group qualifying with the 4 best third placed teams going through too?

Am I supposed to play you? I was on there for an hour or two, dunno if I'll get back on tonight.

6 groups of 4 sounds good!

Advertisement