Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight @10.25pm RTE2 (sky 162) documentary on Irish mma

• 07-06-2010 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

As the title says, tonight on RTE2 @ 10.25pm, show called Baz's extreme worlds which shows my prep/build up & fight from the Cage Wars Nightmare event. The show also follows Ali Maclean, Colin McKee & has Cage Contender in it. Make sure you tune in & watch it & tell as many people as you know so we can boost the profile of Irish mma!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Whats this guy like in real life? Baz I mean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Will it be on RTE player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

yeah will be on the player..

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Menace2Society

calex71 wrote: »
    Whats this guy like in real life? Baz I mean?

He's actually really dead on. He laughs, jokes & gets on like a spoon in front of the camera but he is a nice genuine guy and still has a laugh with u!

He's actually really dead on. He laughs, jokes & gets on like a spoon in front of the camera but he is a nice genuine guy and still has a laugh with u!

Had a feeling he would be sound alright, can be a right tool on the telly though I enjoyed the recent shows he had especially the one with the inmates in prision in the US.

When I saw the trailers for the show I didn't realise it would be on Irish MMA , so this is great !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Tellyboxboy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRHHbP3H5mw

Sneak Preview of tonight's show!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Hoeballs

sky + it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Looking forward to watching this later...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

this has been set on reminder on ntl i better not fall asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

watching now

• Advertisement

Thumbs UP for this!!! Granted I missed the start but it portrays much better than I was expecting :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭mmaireland.com

Well put together show that. Really enjoyed it. Great for Chum Sut and Chris came across very well indeed. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

wasn't bad at all have to say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Good show. Didn't make mma guys look like scumbags as these things often do. Chris represented the sport well too. Fair play to all involved.

Really progressive piece in terms of production and editoral.

Fun watch too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Andrew H

Graet documentary, well done Menace2Society.

Yeah Baz and the production team make a really good show, I've seen his stuff before.

Chris came across very well and even though I already knew the result, I was still cheering him on to beat Clementi down.

well done everyone involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Really enjoyed watching this.

That place in liverpool looked like a tight place to train.

Chris came across as a really decent fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Twas a good watch. When i seen it the ads 1st i was hoping they were not gonna go down the Joe Duffy route but it was well made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Chris came across as a really decent fella.

Stringer is one of the nicest guys i have met in MMA, I have had a few beers with him a couple of times and he is grat craic too!!!

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the support guys, anyone who knows me personally knows how passionate I am about our sport & I would never do anything to tarnish the image we have all worked hard to achieve. I do know I can come across cocky if you don't know me but hopefully you got an insight into my life & enjoyed the show.

Best Regards, Menace

P.S thanks John, we need to have a beer before I go! ;-)

For anyone who missed it (or who wants to watch it again :)):
    Link:
    http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1074355

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Good show! Thanks for posting on here as I wouldn't have known.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

rovert wrote: »
    For anyone who missed it (or who wants to watch it again :)):
    Link:
    http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1074355

Can t see this in canada, or else its been taken down :-(

From what I saw in the trailer, probably the most enlightened coverage of mma by Irish media.

dunkamania wrote: »

From what I saw in the trailer, probably the most enlightened coverage of mma by Irish media.

Region blocked so.

Still up and will be up until the 28th June.

dunkamania wrote: »

If anyone needs an Irish proxy to view the rte player I can sort them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Darkwarrior

Just wanted to say that I agree it was a great show and all involved should be proud. I work in TV here so it's great to see an Irish production portraying the sport positivley. Also, I happen to know Baz personally (he's been a mate of my brothers since they were all kids) and can vouch that he is a genuine fan of MMA now, so much so that he recently travelled with my brother and a gang of their mates to watch me fight on the redemption card in Waterford. He paid for the ticket and all!

As for Chris Stringer all I can say is, is that you have REAL courage.

Respect man!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

will certainly watch this tomorrow as I missed it tonight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Well done Menace, great viewing. You showed great heart and dedication. Best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Thanks for all the support guys, anyone who knows me personally knows how passionate I am about our sport & I would never do anything to tarnish the image we have all worked hard to achieve. I do know I can come across cocky if you don't know me but hopefully you got an insight into my life & enjoyed the show.

Best Regards, Menace

P.S thanks John, we need to have a beer before I go! ;-)

Have been watching the whole series and know absolutely nothing about MMA. It was a brillant insite .Would never have considered going to an Event but now definitely will.

Menace as for coming aross as cocky I would be worried if someone at your level did not have self belief considering what you are getting into the ring to do.
    Well done to everyone involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

It's a great watch. Well done to Chris for doing a great job of representing Irish MMA. Baz and the producers did a great job with the show- remaining positive and honest about the sport!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Why Should I

Just watched it again,

Well done mate, you showed your self off to be a hard working stand up bloke.

On a side note, Whats next for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Watched it there tonight, a good build up to UFC 115.:D
    I don't think you came off too cocky, Chris, just like a fighter.

Wondering the same as Why Should I, what's next for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

just seen it there, great documentary. Chris you came across as devoted and hard working, not cocky at all. fair play...keep it up!

I'm not too sure who I'm gettin next, i've got a contract with bamma & was supposed to fight AJ Wenn but got injured so Ali took it instead. Maybe they want that fight or they'll give me someone else, not sure but more than likely will be an English fighter. As for next cage wars, still not sure yet. Depends on who they offer. And as you know I never take an easy fight! ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I'm not too sure who I'm gettin next, i've got a contract with bamma & was supposed to fight AJ Wenn but got injured so Ali took it instead. Maybe they want that fight or they'll give me someone else, not sure but more than likely will be an English fighter. As for next cage wars, still not sure yet. Depends on who they offer. And as you know I never take an easy fight! ;-)

Either way I'm a fan of yours now. You came across brilliantly in the show. You have fought the best and put up a hell of a fight. Thats all that matters. I've trained in MMA for close to a year and karate for almost 10. I know how much graft you have put in. Keep doing the hard fights and eventually you will come up trumps.

Regards

Pride Fighter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Well done Chris, you came across very well in the documentary. The whole show was a lot better than I would have expected to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Why Should I

I'll fight you, If you want :D

But i think you would need to come up to 93KG

Oh and ya, You need to give me time to learn how to fight :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Well done Chris, I saw the show when it aired along with a few of my mates and we were all genuinely upset you couldnt pull out the win, I was watching a re-run of The Ultimate Fighter 4 on ESPN Classic last night and I was surprised to see Rich Clementi as one of the contestants, alongside fighters like Matt Serra, Patrick Cote and Shonie Carter (who defeated him), just goes to show the pedigree of the guy. Loved the show and thought you came across very well, not to mention the wonders I would say it did for Irish MMA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Good job man.

You should be proud of being part of probably whats the first time Irish medias portrayed MMA in a positive light.

Look forward to seeing your future fights.

• Advertisement
Advertisement