Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day in the Park Fundraiser 26th June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

none of the above
    Ramza wrote: »
    FML, don't think I can come now =[

Ah I'll find some way

Thought you were going to Q-Con?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

none of the above
    Nope, fell through, I'm going SVB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

none of the above
    I'm still interested in this over Q-con and SVB, I just thought I'd bump it and see who was still up for it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm still interested in this over Q-con and SVB, I just thought I'd bump it and see who was still up for it?

I think everyone except for me, chopper, dan and red :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

26th June

SVB is in August.

• Advertisement

none of the above
    Anyone confirming themselves for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

any of the above
    I'll be there. Afaik a good few others will be as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

any of the above
    Shall be there too

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

yep should be a few of us alright , should be good craic.

• Advertisement

none of the above
    That's cool. As I said before I'm definitely heading to this, and it'll be a good note to go out on for a while since I won't be able to attend any fighting game stuff for the first two weeks of July.

Just a couple of things

(1) Are we meeting at XGC as I think someone said, or will we just go ahead and meet at the park? I'm driving from Sandyford so I think I could get to the park faster.

(2) Met Eireann says it should be 20c and cloudy (no rain as far as I can tell, in case anyone was worried)

(3) I can still bring my 360 TE without any trouble if it's still needed

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I wont be going, drinking tonight, BBQ/drinking tomorrow. Will be feeling like **** saturday

none of the above
    Just a couple of things

(1) Are we meeting at XGC as I think someone said, or will we just go ahead and meet at the park? I'm driving from Sandyford so I think I could get to the park faster.

(2) Met Eireann says it should be 20c and cloudy (no rain as far as I can tell, in case anyone was worried)

(3) I can still bring my 360 TE without any trouble if it's still needed

You can head straight to the park if you like. I suggested that people meet in xgc coz that way if its cancelled due to weather they can just stay in xgc!

Looks like weather wont be as nice as last weekend but it should be ok.

Bring the TE then to be sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Would be better off meeting at the spire or somewhere else instead of teasing XGC with phantom business.

none of the above
    Ok lads I can make it down tomorrow! I pray the weather holds up

none of the above
    Would be better off meeting at the spire or somewhere else instead of teasing XGC with phantom business.

Good point. But its too late to change now!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Which park are we going? cause i might not be able to meet up on time at xgc. might be free later

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I think I'll meet y'all in the park too.

any of the above
    chueytoo wrote: »
    Which park are we going? cause i might not be able to meet up on time at xgc. might be free later
    The one right beside DCU in Santry / Glasnevin.

any of the above
    Savage weather!

• Advertisement

none of the above
    chueytoo wrote: »

didn't you read the first thread?!

Yep, looks like we got nice weather! Have a bit of paperwork to sort out this morning for my thesis but i should be done by lunchtime. Will head in towards xgc for around 2 or half 2.

If anyone needs my number drop me a pm

none of the above
    A big thanks to Terry for running this thing.

The time in the park was a lot of fun, Frisbee with speedboat, 4 a side football and rounders was all great fun.

Also the set-up Terry snagged us back at the DCU common room was far more roomy and airy than the XGC ever will be, and it was completely free!

The whole day honestly felt too good to be true.

Protip for the eight of us who were there for football, especially my boys on "Team Lung-problems": Ibuprofen - painkiller and anti-inflammatory. Made it considerably easier to move my limbs today.

none of the above
    Thanks uber!

Well i have to say it was a great day yesterday. Things got off to a shaky start after i arrived late in the xgc due to a gay pride / zombies parade in dublin city centre causing traffic chaos :eek:

Nevertheless we made it to the park and met up with a few others and started a kick-about. Approximately 3 minutes later we were all in bits having not realised that you have to be somewhat fit to play sports :P

Rounders was good fun also but we couldn't really play properly due to lack of numbers.

Then the fun began! Back to the DCU common room where we had a ps3 hooked up to a HD LCD, an xbox360 hooked up to my monitor, a ps2 hooked up to my CRT and a laptop running various games. Cool place to hang out, comfortable couches plenty of room. Only problem was the sun (which we had so much hoped for) blaring in the window and making it a clone of inferno! We ran a team tournament using the same teams from the park and this was won by a dominant performance by Ramza for his team. Special mention to Mr.Bungle and Dreadmonkey for putting in good showings for their team.

We played casuals for most of the night. Then a few of us played snooker in the games room (myself and Dan having an epic full snooker match at around 3 in the morning!).

Then i told the lads to clear out and get up to my apartment for a bit of sleep, and they moved out of the common room. I went upstairs to prepare the room for them and when i came back down they were playing street fighter on a projector in a DCU classroom at half 4 in the morning :pac:

Thats the last i saw of them. Overall we had a great time despite a poor turnout by usual standards. I want to say thanks to everyone who attended and especially the lads who joined us after getting off the train from Q-con!

As for the fundraising element, i felt it wasn't really appropriate to charge the people who attended, since they made the effort in the first place. Either way, not much would have been raised. Instead i plan to organise a proper pub session with a big turnout to raise money then. I hope you all can join us then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Once again cheers for the hospitality Terry.

I woke up a little after seven this morning and two people were snoring so I just went and got the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

any of the above
    Cheers Terry, absolutely brilliant session.

I gave 20 quid to Doom last night anyway so I best get in free to the actual fundraiser. :pac:

none of the above
    animaX wrote: »
    Cool place to hang out, comfortable couches plenty of room. Only problem was the sun (which we had so much hoped for) blaring in the window and making it a clone of inferno!

I thought it was a much more comfortable kind of blazing inferno. The massive floor-to-ceiling windows did keep us all in direct sunlight while the sun was up, but this was still nicely offset by the fact we could crack open the little windows, and leave the doors open. And eventually the sun set, and everything was perfect.

Inferno's more like compound male sweat and heat. It only gets worse as things go on.

none of the above
    Amazing, amazing day! Weather was terrible at home so I actually thought it would be bad in Dublin too, so glad I came! Weather turned out fantastic and the football and rounders and chillin' outside was great. The inside session was great, just top notch. Really comfortable room, really nice atmosphere, playing some games, having some beers and chillin' was all fantastic. Shoutouts to Dreddy for putting me on blast in CVS2 lol, was amazing fun!

Funniest part was finding the room with the projector and getting 3s going at 5/6am! Dreddy, Sisko and I all left together at like 7am, absolutely wrecked!

Also major thanks to Dreddy for letting me crash at his! I had a great time and ****ing amazing job to Terry, you're a legend man!

any of the above
    Sounded like a deadly session. Sorry I didn't make it, got slightly sidetracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

any of the above
    Shoulda attended this when i decided against going up north, but my brother was bringing home his new born son from hospital (still nameless) probably would have been wrong to blow that off for street fighter.

Probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You should name him Vega.

Then when he's 5yrs old, insist his name is, and always has been, Balrog.
    But assure him you love him anyway because he's just too handsome.

Advertisement