Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

upload pics prob

• 07-06-2010 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭

cant upload pics to my laptop from my Canon 400d,never had a prob before and dont think I've changed any settings either,my laptop is running vista and tbh I wouldn't to be too hot at computor stuff:(
    can anybody help me please?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

How are you transferring them? Using the USB cable? When you go to My Computer is there not a drive there for your camera? You should be able to access it like any other folder then copy and paste the pics.

Alternatively if you have an SD card reader you could use that the same way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭vw4life

NothingMan wrote: »
    How are you transferring them? Using the USB cable? When you go to My Computer is there not a drive there for your camera? You should be able to access it like any other folder then copy and paste the pics.

Alternatively if you have an SD card reader you could use that the same way.

USB cable yeah,no drive in My Computer,and no sd card reader

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

vw4life wrote: »

How did you use to do it? Was there a drive or is there some sort of Canon transfer utility? I never used the Canon software as I have an SD reader.

Have you tried a different USB port on the PC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

With camera attached,and switched on try disconnecting the usb cable and plug it into a different usb port,if possible. Vista should automatically detect the camera and install the necessary drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

cant upload pics to my laptop from my Canon 400d,never had a prob before and dont think I've changed any settings either,my laptop is running vista and tbh I wouldn't to be too hot at computor stuff:(
    can anybody help me please?:confused:

I hope it's not a camera problem. Check the cable and camera socket for
    any signs of damage. Try plugging it into another computer. Try to get
    your hands on a card reader. Maybe one of your neighbours can help
    with this. Meath seems to be a photography hotspot.

Some possible answers here:
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/400d/discuss/72157623251912580/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭vw4life

uploaded the pics to my bro's laptop and transfered them with a usb stick,must be a prob with my laptop(HP pile of crap and can't close the laptop down cos a hinge broke last week WTF!!!!!!)
    thanks for the help folks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

uploaded the pics to my bro's laptop and transfered them with a usb stick,must be a prob with my laptop(HP pile of crap and can't close the laptop down cos a hinge broke last week WTF!!!!!!)
    thanks for the help folks:)

That's a bit of a pain, but at least your Canon isn't broken. The USB
    problem with the laptop is probably just a software issue.

Advertisement