Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does your tap water taste?

Options
  • 07-06-2010 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I was just wondering has anyone else noticed the bad taste and smell from their tap water over the last week or so. I've mentioned it to a few friends and they agree it doesn't taste good at all. I'm off to Lidl now to buy more water!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'd imagine the dry spell led to the water being used to be sourced from our resevoirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It tastes a bit earthy (Tramore) but not enough to be a problem. Was in Oskars (Dunmore Road) for lunch a couple of days ago and the water there tasted disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

Water is being sourced from somewhere else. Its gonna taste bad for the next few weeks. Perfectly safe though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've noticed my tea isn't as nice and did think it was the water that was causing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭RockPaper

tc2010 wrote: »
    Water is being sourced from somewhere else. Its gonna taste bad for the next few weeks. Perfectly safe though

Where did you hear that from?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I noticed it in Dunmore, and on the Dunmore road this weekend. I thought it was just me being awkward :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

tc2010 wrote: »

The four main sources are the River Clodiagh, Knockaderry, Ballysionnach and the Mahon River as far as I know. What is the new source and what is wrong with the usual 4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭alrightcuz

i just spotted this post better late then never :D any ways ever since they turned off the water a week or so back it hasn't been right, the water is all cloudy when u put some into a glass and u can watch it settle and go clear it taste gamy,,,, i stopped using it and started to buy bottled,,, ive family in limerick and there water is exactly the same must come from the same source. im not amused :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

alrightcuz wrote: »
    i just spotted this post better late then never :D any ways ever since they turned off the water a week or so back it hasn't been right, the water is all cloudy when u put some into a glass and u can watch it settle and go clear it taste gamy,,,, i stopped using it and started to buy bottled,,, ive family in limerick and there water is exactly the same must come from the same source. im not amused :confused:

doubt it is the same source. you should ring the water treatment plant in Kilmeaden and/or the City Council.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Noticed this too for the last few weeks but it seems to be back to normal again for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

If you ring the City Council you can request to get your water tested.

http://www.waterfordcity.ie/environment/water.htm

I rang them before 2 years ago after all my tropical fish started dying off after I changed the water once. I thought it was very odd as I had the same fish for well over a 2 years and they were fine.

They claimed my water was fine after they got test results back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭aws

I got a small undersink filter installed monday seems to be doing the trick nicely so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

alrightcuz wrote: »
    the water is all cloudy when u put some into a glass and u can watch it settle and go clear it taste gamy,,,,

The cloudiness is probably just air bubbles. Don't like the idea of strange tasting water though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

were all gonna die... drink up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Expect quite a bit of airy water this summer and autumn cos the way things are going we will have low pressure supplies.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dirty Frank

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

danjo-xx wrote: »
    were all gonna die... drink up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

RockPaper wrote: »
    Where did you hear that from?

an employee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

succulant but moist with a hint of corriander

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭treeminder

the water in clonakilty has a very bad taste. i haven't drank it in years, i drink bottled water instead. then the f***ing council expect me to pay for that polluted ****. clean it up first you pigs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

tis as fresh as the River Suir.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Disgusting lately, been buying bottled for weeks now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

Typically my experience of Waterford City water is not high, I found it high in chlorine. I am more used to some of the rural supplies outside the city which I preferred. They were always quiet irony though. Rural water is mid Kilkenny is reputed to be very good indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

A) Zombie Thread Alert

B) I always found the water in the city absolutely fine. Until I recently moved to Ferrybank. Sweet Jesus, it's bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

get outta the waterford forum ya pikey ;)

MacGyver wrote: »
    get outta the waterford forum ya pikey ;)

Shu'up you. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I always hoped you two would get together :pac:

As if further proof was needed that you hope for some very weird things...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I suppose first thing to say is where you live!

Are there works in the area? We have the road being relayed out here on the six cross roads so our water is brown every so often.

A TIP is to get a silver pot and let the cold tap run into it, its the only way youll see if the water is brown.

I had to get up into my attic and empty and clean the tank cos there was so much brown guck in there, if you have dirty water try and avoid flushing toilets or running water upstairs as this will fill your tank with dirt and its hard to run out, Try run the dirt out by leaving your kitchen cold tap running

I had to laugh i had the council out here the other day and the chap pulls up in the van, saunters in has a look at the water, yeah thats dirty alright, WTF of course it is, Ah youll be grand dont worry and off he went, Holy God they really pushed the boat out on the recruitment front!

• Advertisement
Advertisement