Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs in Athlone

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

A bit off topic, but does anyone else think it takes forever to get served at the bar in Karma, was there last weekend. It took such an effort to get a drink. I would have spent way more if I could have gotten served.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

prob because they have poor barstaff to begin with and are always understaffed. its a pity because there is always a good atmosphere in there even when its quiet with the way they draw the curtains and close off 3/4 of the place so it does not look like your walking into a massive ballroom!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sassi72

Potters beside Supermacs has just reopened recently under new managment, lovely comfy pub, nice crowd, had a couple of great nights in there, will be back 4 sure, Don't like Coppers anymore, its gone a bit rough IMO. went to Richard Graces a couple of times, nice but not somewhere that I would get settled in for the night. Seans usually too packed, but have had great nights in there too, Pubs just don,t seem to have the same craic anymore,

We all had good times in Gills Potters Potters! Thats where i use to drink when i was 15, and if i didn't get served there it was a trek up to the keg to get served!
    Hopefully it brings a bit of life down that part of town.

So anyone been into JD's since the opening week? I wonder how its going.

Hopefully I'll be off the crutchs to enable me to fall around the place drunk again this weekend (in the name of research for this thread!).....hmmm, i am thinking - maybe a roadtrip to gatecrash the mullingar/westmeath boards beers, and make pigs of ourselves in a town where we are not known! and get naked and run down the street like frank the tank!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 omac

yep, have been to JD's a few times.. have to admit, i do like it a lot, bar staff are a bit of crack,musics good and cant really complain about the eye candy behind the bar... (wipes drool). foods great in it too! anybody know the name of the dj that plays there sunday nights??

omac wrote: »
    anybody know the name of the dj that plays there sunday nights??

No, but if you find out please put out a hit on him.

hmmm, may have to venture into JD's to look at these bar wimmins!
    If I don't get asked for id!

make sure they dont short change u this time!!! even if they are hot!!! LOL

If they are hot, and short change me I'll take my money in other services :D

Not really, thats a terrible statement... but seriously, I may consider it.
    Any hot bar women from JD's who are reading this, and want to get lucky, just short change the fat balding guy! and then you can get a bit of the old "How you doin?"

My god I sound so attractive, how am I still not snapped up by the women folk of A-Town!

• Advertisement

You sound like such a catch!!! Maybe you should start a thread looking for hot single ladies!!!

Advertisement