Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 2 - Help plz

Options
  • 07-06-2010 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi,
    I'm hoping someone can answer me. My son has this game on the Xbox. He loves it, but is stuck. He basically has 2 questions:
    1) He is stuck on a particular mission (Everything must Go) and wants to know if he can leave the mission and continue on to the play mode where is can walk around the village.
    2)Also he wants to know if he has a weapon in use which he just bought, how can he revert back to his original weapon?

I'm not big on these games at all, and so am no help to him, but I promised him I'd find out, so if anyone knows please help us out:)
    Thanks
    DesertMoon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If your son is playing Assassin's Creed then he's an adult and can figure it out for himself or you're a bad parent. One or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DesertMoon

Thanks for the helpful reply - its at my discretion what games he plays. Most of his class have it, so we must be an awful bunch down here. I don't see anything wrong with it, did you never play cowboys and indians as a child?:rolleyes:
    I guess I'll look elsewhere, I was told this forum would be helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Try www.gamewinners.com, it's a very helpful site. By the way, I think your dead right about letting your kid play the game, fair play to you.:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Not a fighting game, I hope this forum is correct.

If not, I'll fight the mods in street fighter to sort it out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You're free to do whatever you want. You won't be able to advance in the game until you finish it though. Here is a guide to Everything Must Go (taken from here):
    This is what you've been building toward thus far in Venice.
    It's time to storm the palazzo and take out Emilio. The thieves have got your back and they have a plan. Ezio's first task is to take out the archers so the thieves can replace them. Also stock up on throwing knives if you're low.

Your targets are already marked on the map. Head over there and you'll find all the archers on the rooftops, obviously. Antonio said quietly, but discretion isn't important here. If you want to be stealthy though, each archer stands on a little platform. You can sneak up on them and hang there to do a ledge assassination on each. Any approach will work, even if you just run up to them and attack, or grab them and push them for a more hilarious method.

Once they're down, meet with Antonio, Rosa and Ugo. There's a guard across from them but you can hide in the haystack to take him out.

After that chat, it's off to do the dirty work. Ugo recommends hiring some thieves to help out so do so on your way to the palazzo. Enter the grounds from the west or south side. One might be unguarded if you're lucky. Use your thieves on the guys guarding the entrance and if possible, on the ones near the front door.

You can't enter that way so once you have cleared the guards, start climbing the west wall. Make your way up here and use Climb Leap to help you along.

When you get up to the roof, you will see a scene of Emilio. There are plenty of archers up here and more enemies below. If you have enough throwing knives, this can enable you to get closer to Emilio for the stealthy assassination. You have limited time here too; if Emilio leaves on his boat you'll have to start over.

If you don't have the throwing knives necessary, you will likely be given away on your way down. Being spotted by the archers isn't bad. Being spotted by some of the other enemies below will alert everyone, except Emilio. So if this happens, climb all the way down and run toward him to kill him before he gets away. If you're quick, he won't get much farther than a step or two.

After that, approach the door with Rosa for another scene.
    This ends Sequence 7.

You can change your weapon in the villa. If I remember correctly, go through the main entrance of the villa and take the first door on the left to go into your armory. Any weapons you've picked up can be equipped there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 DesertMoon

Thanks for the replies people! Thats helped sort the problems. He's happy out now.
    Cheers;)

And sorry fpr posting in wrong forum - I just thought it fit best there:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

If your son is playing Assassin's Creed then he's an adult and can figure it out for himself or you're a bad parent. One or the other.

Save us your "holier than thou" rubbish... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Fair enough if you allow your son to play the game but using the "everyone else has the game" is not a good enough excuse to let him play a pretty violent game, infact it sounds like the exact logic a child would use to try and get you to buy the game.
    I would suggest playing through a portion of games like this yourself first instead of just handing it to him cus his whole class has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

Save us your "holier than thou" rubbish... :rolleyes:

I can see where he is coming from after all there are prostitutes in the game cursing in the dialog. At one point one of the prostitutes starts talking about how she likes to hold something hard in her hand... Its not for a kid under the ag of 14 i would say

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Stevo105 wrote: »
    I can see where he is coming from after all there are prostitutes in the game cursing in the dialog. At one point one of the prostitutes starts talking about how she likes to hold something hard in her hand... Its not for a kid under the ag of 14 i would say

That and the fact that the main player character kills people in pretty gruesome ways. Maybe I'm getting older but I always used to be of the opinion that kids can play what they want but games have moved on from jumping on the baddies head to "kill" them, nowadays you slowly push a spike through someones chest etc etc. The OPs comparision to playing cowboys and indians bears no resemblence to modern games with 18 certs on them.

I'd be of the opinion that 14 would be the min age for AC2 as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement