Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Progress pics, a summer of bulking ahead!

Options
  • 07-06-2010 1:52pm

Ok so I hit the gym pretty hard when I was 19-20 for a few months. Was doing well but I managed to drink away all my gains in the last 5 years until I weighed about 10 stone. Knocked the boozing on the head a couple of months ago and have spent the last month in the gym ready for some serious bulking. Not sure if this is in the essence of this forum but anyway:

Before (10 stone):
    1earlybody.jpg

2 weeks into bulk (10.7 stone): 1week2body.jpg

3 weeks into bulk: (10.11 stone) 1week3body.jpg

4 weeks into bulk ( 11.3 stone; this weekend after chest workout, epic face):
    32188_1512954463352_1219117351_1487922_4010504_n.jpg

and finally non-flexed as of this weekend:

1week4body.jpg

Shall keep this updated and will hopefully be a beast by the end of the summer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Whats your workout plan/diet like?

Sangre me auld flower!

Diet isn't the best, but here's an average day:

2x weetabix
    whey protein ~ 80 grams + 5 grams creatine
    Some sort of lunch, such as a packet of chicken goujons or a load of mcdonalds or something else rubbish (terrible I know)
    another 80grams of whey
    a big dinner and maybe a snack after

I'll have to cut some of the crap out of my diet if I start putting on a load of fat but for now it's working fine.

For my workouts I stick to 4 excercises usually.
    Chest would be:

5 sets incline
    5 sets flat
    5 sets cable crossovers
    possibly 3 sets of decline then pushups to fail for some extra punishment at the end.
    I'm lifting heavy and to failure @ roughly 6-10 reps

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

If youre bulking I wouldn't worry too much about your diet as long as you're getting enough calories and protein. That said, its not a license to eat terrible!

If you're really interested in putting on mass you need the following in your programme:
    Squat, deadlift, bench press, overhead press, bent over row, chin up and dip.

These should be your focus, anything else is only assistance to these. You'd probably be fine with just these if you worked hard enough. I'd also personally avoid any machines and stick to free weights.

I don't know how much lifting you've done but a great programme to start is Starting Strength.

Regards,

Mr fatty mcbulk

I'm totally sticking to free weights at the moment, when I trained before 5 years ago I read the Arnold encyclopedia so I have a decent grasp of what I'm doing. Lift heavy, lots of protein is my basic strategy.

Here's some week 5 progress:

1week5-.jpg
    1week5-2.jpg

HOOF.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

great results so far

• Advertisement
Advertisement