Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our golden puppy

Options
  • 07-06-2010 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭

We picked up our new pup on Saturday it's tough going so far not much sleep, just a quick question about feeding, we have him on dry food but he is hardly eating any, I found yesterday his love for cooked chicken.

Anyway today I put tiny pieces of cooked chicken in with his nuts and he gobbled them all down, is this ok to mix them, or should I stop and just have his dry food

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Our GR was like this with his food for a few days while he was settling in - don't worry because he'll get his appetite soon enough!! :). If you let the nuts soak in warm water for a few mins it'll make it more appetising. Just make sure you leave him on the same food as the breeder had him on for the first week or so and if you want to change it do it gradually over a few weeks otherwise he'll get the runs!! Burns suits our guy best - we had tried JWB, Hills and Royal Canin before it. Whatever you do buy a SMALL bag of any food you're trying because different foods suit different dogs and you may end up trying a few brands until you get one that suits.
    Also we crated our guy at night and he was housetrained by about 3 months. It was tought getting up in the early hours of the morning to take him out to the loo but it's worth it in the long run!

Advertisement