Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stranorlar 400 festival

Options
  • 07-06-2010 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

went to stranorlar 400 fest sat evenin 4 ten mins there was only about 30 people at it. i didnt even know it was on until friday and im not far away from it. i cant understand why they had it beside the mart??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

It was nice to see something different happening for a change over the weekend but I dont think it was a major success. Very bad crowd at the gig rig and less than half of the promised stall holders turned up for the farmers market.

Likewise the vintage stuff was a bit of a flop but still there were a few positives.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

Never heard anything about this which is probably half the problem, no one knew, however its got to start somewhere and maybe they will learn for next year

ROI Bank Holidays never do much for Donegal in the way that NI bank holidays used to though they are hit hard with sterling difference.

Still better to start off small and build it up over a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

What type of festival was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

The arrival of the first plantations of stranorlar 400 years ago i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

They had a farmer;s market in Ballebofey at one time; we had a stall there once.. it was dead, They tried to revive it again.. a man called John Long but not sure what happened to that either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement