Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Al-Anon in OutHouse?

Options
  • 07-06-2010 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hey guys,

just wondering if anyone knows if Al-Anon in OutHouse is still active? It says so on their website, I e-mailed their director/organiser and didn't get a reply. Really need to get to a group.. :(

I don't mind not going to a non-LGBT group, but it would be my first preference... Not sure why

R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I am fairly certain that it does. Ring outhouse and ask them

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭theredletter

Thanks I'll do that tomorrow.. My dad has basically gone insane and his drinking has been unbelieveable. Think I need some support outside of my family. My sister has gone to it before and got great support

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Thanks I'll do that tomorrow.. My dad has basically gone insane and his drinking has been unbelieveable. Think I need some support outside of my family. My sister has gone to it before and got great support

Ah sorry - thought you meant AA - Not sure at all but as I said ring Outhouse. My sister goes to Al Anon too and it's a great support and help for her - It's not my thing though

I know what you're going through - It is tough - good luck

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭theredletter

Just in case anyone asks in the future, there are no al-anon meetings in OutHouse and haven't been operating for over two years. Search al-anon Ireland for your nearest meeting.

Good luck!

Advertisement