Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still a few problems

Options
  • 07-06-2010 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭

Hi lads thought i would give you a heads up getting intermittent 503 errors, the last few times a single refresh has done the trick but once or twice it took a few minutes

Just in case it matters (probably wont) the forums involved were the lost forum and after hours

Cheers :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I havn't got anything, Could it be your ISP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Tallon wrote: »
    I havn't got anything, Could it be your ISP?

Forgive my lack of knowledge but would my isp give me the actual boards 503 page rather then just a standard browser one? I realise that sounds smart or snappy but im being 100% :)

Also having no other problems with any other sites i thought this might be linked to the downtime earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Clear your cache and restart your browser

Tallon wrote: »
    Clear your cache and restart your browser

Done when i started having problems, i have ff set to clear the cache when closed, will keep an eye on it sure and post back here if it happens again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

0.02017% of the recent page requests resulted in a 503. This is slightly higher than normal, but not high enough to provide enough evidence of any particular issue. Unless it hits 2-3% it's quite hard to see any pattern which would allow us to diagnose a problem.

I'm still keeping an eye on things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Thankfully everything has been fine here since the reboot of the server :)

Conor wrote: »
    0.02017% of the recent page requests resulted in a 503. This is slightly higher than normal, but not high enough to provide enough evidence of any particular issue. Unless it hits 2-3% it's quite hard to see any pattern which would allow us to diagnose a problem.

I'm still keeping an eye on things.

WOOHOO im 0.02017% of something or other :confused::confused::D

It has only happened once since my last post above so go ahead and lock this :)

Told you there was a problem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

i got the error message the last hour only got in now.i also have to refresh the page every time i say go on to page 2 of a form or go to a different topic on all together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

I've been getting this for the last 3 days, doesn't matter if I'm logged in or not.

In fact It has happened a number of times while logging in; I get the home page up, put in my password and straight to 503.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I wonder if its browser related?

Dude111 wrote: »
    I wonder if its browser related?

Chrome and firefox here, to be honest it has happened to too many people at this stage (not only here but in other threads as well) but it seems to have passed

Advertisement