Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband upgrade for D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

A lot of Sierra working for UPC between Blakestown and Huntstown. I can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Has anyone in Barnwell Hansfield signed up to UPC yet? A salesman called at my house the other day saying they had the fiber broadband and phone products available, but when checked their website it said they only offer a TV service at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The website has never been correct IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Maybe that's why my phone and broadband is down in Clonee :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Well a network team was out in Roselawn this morning. I spoke to them briefly, and they said they were going to replace all the connection points on the outside of the houses (up near the roof gutter).

I was soooo hopeful that this would fix the intermittent connection issues, but alas, I am still having problems this evening.

Hopefully they are doing more work in the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

they just did the connection points on my house recently so it looks like I can get UPC in now but reading this thread its making me hold back a while longer till they get it all sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Well it looks like after replacing the cables on houses they are going to be digging up the road in the estate, there are several trucks with all the gear line up along the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I seen some guys digging up the road at the castleknock gate to phoenix park.

If it's UPC, are they wearing some UPC branded clothes or anything cos these guys were not.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Well it looks like after replacing the cables on houses they are going to be digging up the road in the estate, there are several trucks with all the gear line up along the road.

A 1st level tech has been telling me that they should have done that 2-3 years ago when problems where first reported. The cables are 35 years old and need to be replaced.

Of course, the company did all the 'cheap' potential fixes first.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Got mine installed last week

30 megs of pure fury running through the cables...........

• Advertisement

Kev. wrote: »
    Got mine installed last week

30 megs of pure fury running through the cables...........

Tis great when it works aright. I started 'legally' downloading 5 movies yesterday, and then dropped down to the shops. Came back 40 mins later and all 5 where downloaded. It's just a shame it doesn't stay so good all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Tis great when it works aright. I started 'legally' downloading 5 movies yesterday, and then dropped down to the shops. Came back 40 mins later and all 5 where downloaded. It's just a shame it doesn't stay so good all the time.

Yep its nice

Im getting a film(700mb)in about 6 mins,

My service is consistant all the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭icywind1980

I was having good service for a while after the initial disconnects, but today has been flakey, off and on. Resetting the modem didn't help either. If it keeps up, I'll have to call them again.

i see people are still having problems but there seem to be less complaints on here then when the thread started. Are things improving?

i see people are still having problems but there seem to be less complaints on here then when the thread started. Are things improving?

Bad to worse...

I'm up to 30 disconnections in the space of 2 hours now. Seems worse from 9-10am and 5-8pm.

I've had multiple L1 & L2 engineers, and 1st line support people tell me that the solution is to replace the 35-40 year old copper lines providing the broadband to the area (from the Bell pub, up to the Coolmine train station). They have given up replacing everything else and admitted where the fault is.....finally.

I have, unfortunately, been unable to get a date as to when this work will be done. I've just been told that I'm in the list of areas to be upgraded. Since they refuse to give a date, I suspect it's not a date I would like.

Copper connections?
    Your UPC broadband is coming in via the phone line?
    I tought the idea was that it came in via thier fibre network and then cable to the house?

Is there no copper in cable?

Copper lines usualy refer to the phone lines, yes there is copper in the coaxial cable but is it not meant to be a fibre network to the junction at estates and then the roof top cable?

I know all the strung cables in the estates were recently replaced with new stuff.

Well its wrong then if there copper in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I got a text this morning from UPC:
    To thank you for your loyalty you will receive a FREE broadband speed upgrade to 25MB from UPC. Unplug your modem from the power and supply and plug it back in.
    Where does 25MB come from? As I am on the highest package, I should be getting 30MB. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Have been having problems with dropping for 6 weeks now.

rang last week and they sent out an engineer. he just said its because of the work they are doing on the line and should be going on another 3 weeks and there was nothing he could do.

going to ring again tomorrow, dont like paying for a service and not getting one

It's important that anyone having problems in the area to actually call in and report it. Also mention that others in the area are having similar problems and that they should inform the network team who are working on the issue.

UPC need this information so that they can narrow down where the fault is. There are 1000's of metres of cable, so they rely on users to report faults so that they can track the point in the line where it goes from good connectin to bad connection.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Copper connections?
    Your UPC broadband is coming in via the phone line?
    I tought the idea was that it came in via thier fibre network and then cable to the house?

Coax cables are made of copper. Though I guess I should have been more specific in saying 'coax' cables.

any one who gets a problem on here just mention where in blanch you are, gives us all an idea if its tied down to few estates. I think castlecurrage is bat atm.. not sure about other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Got back onto them today and was put through to loyalty.

I currently have 15mb at €32 pm ex vat.

I was given it for €12 a month for 4 months , so €20 off, which i accepted, was happy enough with it to be honest

thats not bad. I hear it will be November before it is available in my estate and then its good bye to Imagine/IBB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Had UPC workers at the door today, they need to dig up my front garden to lay the new cabling. Estimated that broadband would be available in the area by the end of this month all going well. In Mulhuddart.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Rented house so I think it's free basic tv package... I wasn't here, other half was so he knows!!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 35 scholesy

Adriane, i live in Hartstown.Upc have been working outside my estate for the last few wks..Presume broadband will be in the whole area soon so?
    :confused::)

Advertisement