Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband upgrade for D15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

To be honest, I'm only going on what the guys told my partner today! They said end of this month, so hopefully it will be soon enough!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Lets just say that I don't like NTL.
    They extremely unreasonably messed me about once.

Do I have to let them into my property to lay their wires ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Pal wrote: »
    Lets just say that I don't like NTL.
    They extremely unreasonably messed me about once.

Do I have to let them into my property to lay their wires ?

No you don't that includes any cable/wires strung on your property.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Thaedydal wrote: »
    No you don't that includes any cable/wires strung on your property.

True,

but that could mean your neighbours are denied the chance to sign up with them if UPC can't get the cables to them. Something that could cause ill feeling.

I haven't been in this situation myself, but I've heard stories of it happening and people getting hassle from neighbours over it.

So that's one thing to weigh up before you make up your mind.

They can apply instead to the county council to dig up the road or they can string the cable so it's not on your property.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Had UPC workers at the door today, they need to dig up my front garden to lay the new cabling. Estimated that broadband would be available in the area by the end of this month all going well. In Mulhuddart.

Broadband providers frequently give free broadband to customers when they have to do work or install equipment on their property. It's to make up for the disruption/damage etc. But you do have to ask for it, as they won't offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭icywind1980

Lost connection 3 times today in an hour. Phoned in and was told there is noise on the line. Then he put me on hold for a while and came back to tell me that the network was over working itself trying to get a signal. He said he'd send out a tech tomorrow between 1 and 5. Sucks for me until then I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

I dunno about anyone else, but I seem to have been upped to 20mb (was on 10mb) since a week or two ago. No notice or anything, just a sudden speed increase.

FYI, there was a network outage today affecting some areas of D15. They had a recorded message on their support line when I called.

Seems to be back up now. I hope that whatever broke is what was causing the long standing intermittent issues in the area!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

UPC were working at the front of all the houses on my road on Monday. The cabling was left hanging down from the eaves, not massively, but definitely noticeable on a bungalow. I assumed they weren't finished and would be back to fix it, but it seems I assumed wrong. On top of that they left a load of paint flakes on the ground around the house where they had been working on the eaves. They'll be getting a call from me tomorrow. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭YouTalkinToMe

Ive got a black cable hanging from the front of my house and its actually falling down now:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I called them and they said they'd get someone out to fix it. Didn't say when though.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

I've been having problems for the last 4 weeks. I'm on the 15MB package and my download speed is 0.41 as i type this.

I've had an engineer out who said the problem was outside and a networks team would need to look at it. They phoned me back on Friday, and have given a date of 11th October to have the issues resolved. Didn't say what the problem was.

Just an update, Sierra on behalf of UPC are currently using a jack hammer outside my sitting room window... good thing the kids have been up since 6!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Just an update, Sierra on behalf of UPC are currently using a jack hammer outside my sitting room window... good thing the kids have been up since 6!!

Not good at all!!!!

I can just about hear that in the distance.
    They were around in the estate yesterday and walked into the garden bold as brass, got up on a ladder and started drilling and hammering and ever knocked in to ask permission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Mine has been a bag of cats all week. Must give them a ring. Did they say if was a local problem or wider D.15 problem?

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I can just about hear that in the distance.
    They were around in the estate yesterday and walked into the garden bold as brass, got up on a ladder and started drilling and hammering and ever knocked in to ask permission.

Pics + call to Gardai to report trespassing and destruction of private property. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

thats a good point.

Work all done :) Now hurry up and get our broadband connected!

• Advertisement

They are currently installing Fibre Optic cabling now in the area. At first, the are running the new cable alongside the old copper cabling. The reason is in case there are any issues, they can quickly switch back. Within a few weeks they will return and remove the old cabling.

I'm kinda worried. After 3 years, I only just got a stable service a few weeks ago!

They've actually put in access shores so they don't have to re dig the ground :)

So, I nearly had 15mb broadband, I say nearly because I ordered 15mb broadband on the 30th October, lovely girl on the phone told me it was available and transferred me to sales. Guy came on Wednesday to connect it and turns out the cabling on the houses wasn't connected properly and they've plugged the new wires into the old boxes!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Is this what all the digging up on corners is at the moment? I see them on the top of the Roselawn rd!

Are they going to increase the speeds?

py2006 wrote: »
    Is this what all the digging up on corners is at the moment? I see them on the top of the Roselawn rd!

Are they going to increase the speeds?

Yes, and yes...much faster speeds. Not sure if costs will increase or if it will be a free upgrade of your existing package.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Yes, and yes...much faster speeds. Not sure if costs will increase or if it will be a free upgrade of your existing package.

Wow, I already have a 30mb line and its quite fast!!

15MB Broadbandddddddd, I am soooo happy so so happy... bye bye Clearwire!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Tommy Target

Looking at renting a House around the Rusheeny/manorfields/bramblefield/clonee area (Big area i know:o)
    Can anyone please tell me what UPC BB services are available around them areas As i am presently in Balbriggan and on 02 wireless as well as the UPC tv package Because no BB available in this area

Thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Looking at renting a House around the Rusheeny/manorfields/bramblefield/clonee area (Big area i know:o)
    Can anyone please tell me what UPC BB services are available around them areas As i am presently in Balbriggan and on 02 wireless as well as the UPC tv package Because no BB available in this area

Thanks a million

Live near Rusheeny UPC works fine I get speeds of 19-20mb, not sure about O2 wireless I did have it a few years back and it was grand but things could have changed.

You can check UPC BB coverage on the UPC.IE website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Tommy Target

Looks like it will be Rusheeny so..lol..The house has a UPC box ..No sat dishes
    Sick of UPC sat dish...

Advertisement