Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Securewatch Change Phone Nos

Options
  • 07-06-2010 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭

I have a 3 year old alarm system that sends sms when alarm triggered. One of the 3 numbers used is no longer local and I need to remove them from the messages. I don't know who put the system in; do I need an engineer access to delete a phone number. Sorry if vague as I'm not technically minded.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You will need engineer access .Is it a GSM dialler or is is PSTN (connected to your land line)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It sends text messages from the landline to our mobiles.

I tried the default engineer code in the manual - 04567- but to no avail.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you tried defaulting the panel?

Power down the system & disconnect the battery

Locate the factory link marked LK1 around the center of the main PCB

Remove this link

Power up the system & disarm using the factory user code 1111

If the system disarms enter the engineer code 04567 to access the engineer menu.

Replace the LK1 link.

If the system does not disarm with the default user code then the system is engineer locked & I'm afraid you will need an engineer to reset your alarm system.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi Srameen,

Do as koolkid says above to default the alarm but enter 01111 as the user code plus 04567 as the engineer code.

I would only advise you to default the alarm if your confident you can reprogram the alarm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Thanks lads but I'm not technical enough to risk all that. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Your welcome, depending on how the alarm is programmed you might be better off to get an engineer to do it. As i said, you would need to know what your doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

If your not so brave to go at it, give your engineer a call, it's only a matter of changing a few settings. Is there an installer sticker on the ourdoor siren/panel/keypad. Ring them and ask for the code over the phone if possible. They might just give it to ya! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 daigokan

Hi,
    I have the same prob as above but lucky for me I have the engineer code, any chance someone could give me a run down on how to remove phone numbers. I'd be tech minded enough to have a go. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tleech32

daigokan wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have the same prob as above but lucky for me I have the engineer code, any chance someone could give me a run down on how to remove phone numbers. I'd be tech minded enough to have a go. :)

PM sent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement