Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Wicklow / section 47

Options
  • 07-06-2010 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone can tell me whether or not there is any point in looking at purchasing a site in delgany, Co. Wicklow with no planning permission? I'm from Co. Dublin, and there is a site with an inhabitable house on it. No planning permission and because I am from Dublin with no family from Wicklow is there any chance of getting full PP with the Section 47 rule? We would love to restore an old ruined cottage as such, and as my partner is bricklayer/stonelayer with an interest in restoration, something like this would be ideal...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ever2010

AoiFa wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone can tell me whether or not there is any point in looking at purchasing a site in delgany, Co. Wicklow with no planning permission? I'm from Co. Dublin, and there is a site with an inhabitable house on it. No planning permission and because I am from Dublin with no family from Wicklow is there any chance of getting full PP with the Section 47 rule? We would love to restore an old ruined cottage as such, and as my partner is bricklayer/stonelayer with an interest in restoration, something like this would be ideal...

If you have strong links to the area I think you might - if you rented there or worked there.

We'd love to buy a site in Wicklow as we want to have a smallholding - both of us are from Wicklow but from a town so there's no way of getting planning permission! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

there s load s of old cottages for sale meath, north dublin around 50k needing renovation.Wicklow cc are strict on planning permits as they want to keep population at a certain level.Even look on the net and drive round and you,ll see them some connected to esb supply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

AoiFa wrote: »
    Hi,

I guarantee you that you will not get planning permission unless you can A) demonstrate that you have some economic / social reason for wanting to live in Wicklow and B) already live in the county for a number of years.

My aunt and her husband built a house in Wicklow 20 odd years ago and had to jump through hoops to get permission. It's got worse since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭jiminho

Do all sites in Wicklow have the Section 47 rule attached to it? Is it possible for a person from south Dublin to ever build a house in Wicklow?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sulberto

It all depends on the zoning/location of the site. If its located within the village local area plan it should be very possible to get planning. A quick phone call to the planning department in Wicklow Co Co should provide the information you need or else have a look at the land use zoning map available on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

Excuse my ignorance but what is section 47?

Advertisement