Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just doing Yeats and Boland?

Options
  • 07-06-2010 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I was wondering is it a huge risk just knowing Yeats and Boland for honours english?

Is anyone else only studying two poets?

I was considering doing a small bit on kavanagh, but time has kinda ran out, and I dont exactly know Yeats and Boland perfectly yet!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 JAndrews

Yeah they're they two that have been tipped the most anyway.
    All the same it is abit dodge. I know someone learning just one poet -Kavanagh. Now thats risky!

Out of interest what aspects of boland are you going to tak about? or you just doing a run down of all the poems?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭corolla 1991

JAndrews wrote: »
    Yeah they're they two that have been tipped the most anyway.
    All the same it is abit dodge. I know someone learning just one poet -Kavanagh. Now thats risky!

Out of interest what aspects of boland are you going to tak about? or you just doing a run down of all the poems?

well when I said I dont know them perfectly, I should really have said I plan to study them the next 2 days!!

Ill kinda do a bit of a run down with a few aspects thrown in here and there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 katie007

Ive only done Yeats and im banking on a personal response. Eeep touching wood he appears

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Yeah it seems like Boland and Kavanagh/Yeats is really the way to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

im plannin on doin yeats boland nd rich

• Advertisement

Well atleast there is a few of ye as bad as me, lets just hope to God there is no mess up with the papers like last year, and that the favourites do come up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

I'd nearly bet the house that Yeats will come up... Actually I wonder do they take bets on the leaving cert?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 JAndrews

Kavanagh Yeats and Boland FTW! ..and a nice easy question aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

yeah personal response to yeats or boland would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭leg

yeah personal response to yeats or boland would be great
    Its highly unlikely you'll get a personal response to either, it would be lovely but realistically not going to happen.
    Boland probably about her themes and metaphors and imagery and themes for yeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

It's Very very risky realistically but they are pretty much favorites - boland especially and I think half the country is aiming for her, so if Rich comes up it's going to be a massive blow to everyone.
    I'd say do a little bit on Kavanagh and elliot even if you get the chance - remember you'll have a whole afternoon and morning between paper 1 and 2, so there's plenty of time to do a tiny bit on them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Liveit wrote: »
    I'd nearly bet the house that Yeats will come up... Actually I wonder do they take bets on the leaving cert?

No because the outcome isn't in doubt, therefore no bookmakers will take bets on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 gleoite

im banking on yeats to come up... i have only started learning him now.. dnt get me started on lear...ahhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mangoverboard

Ok so I haven't really done Yeats at all (did his poems in class but we never did any essays or took proper notes) and now since that everyone thins he is going to come up I'm a bit freaked out and I want to do a little bit on him just in case.If anyone has any good notes on Yeats they would be willing to share with me please email me!

mang-overboard@hotmail.com

Much appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

Reillyman wrote: »
    No because the outcome isn't in doubt, therefore no bookmakers will take bets on it.

Paddy Power take bets on who will come up on English Paper 2. In the Novelty bets section.

Favourite is Yeats, Boland, Kavanagh and Longley

RexMundi wrote: »
    Paddy Power take bets on who will come up on English Paper 2. In the Novelty bets section.

Favourite is Yeats, Boland, Kavanagh and Boland
    doubt Boland is going to come up twice! ;) haha

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Is anyone else only studying two poets?
    Liveit wrote: »
    I'd nearly bet the house that Yeats will come up...
    leg wrote: »
    Its highly unlikely you'll get a personal response to either,
    Orlaladuck wrote: »
    boland especially and I think half the country is aiming for her, !

Yeah im doing Boland & Longley.

How you so sure Yeats will come up?

Yeah doubt there will be a personal responce on Boland anyway that came up before.

I think the whole country is doing Boland:rolleyes:. Don't know a person who isnt.

Would love 2 questions to choose from on Boland that would make my day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Link??? I had a look and I can't find it.

doubt Boland is going to come up twice! ;) haha

Should read Longley :(

Fixed now!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Should read Longley :(

Fixed now!

Try not to make mistakes like that on Wednesday morning :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pinkfoot

i'm learning boland inside out

then guess i'll have to give kavanagh some time too.

Reillyman wrote: »
    Link??? I had a look and I can't find it.

Yeah... it's gone...

The whole Leaving Cert Specials section has been removed. :(

Used be here:
    http://www.paddypower.com/bet/novelty-bets/leaving-cert-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=282283

You were even able to bet on the hair colour of the top student in the country..

Advertisement