Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - Orlando

Options
  • 07-06-2010 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi guys,

Flying from Dublin to Orlando on Thursday, June 10th. It's down as an A332. What A332 is scheduled for it?

Thanks,
    Conor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

EI-LAX.:)

Looks the same as the other aerlingus a330s.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭N7777G

John85 wrote: »

Aer Lingus have several A330-200s - so how do you know EI-LAX is due to operate that flight?

see picture of EI-DUO at Orlando :-
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/eigjb/4462594358/

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Celtic Mech

conorb101 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Flying from Dublin to Orlando on Thursday, June 10th. It's down as an A332. What A332 is scheduled for it?

Thanks,
    Conor.

Just out of curiosity, why would it make a difference which A330-200 it is operating the route? Cabin interior wise, they all offer the exact same In flight product.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Flying from Dublin to Orlando on Thursday, June 10th.

Snap! :) As am I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 conorb101

Just out of curiosity, why would it make a difference which A330-200 it is operating the route? Cabin interior wise, they all offer the exact same In flight product.

On May 13th I believe an A332 engine failed. I heard it was EI-LAX and it had been quite bothersome to Aer Lingus in the past. Just wanted to see if it had been fixed and was back on the route. :)

• Advertisement

DOCARCH wrote: »

Nice, better than the weather here at the moment. Sure I might see you there! :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Nice, better than the weather here at the moment. Sure I might see you there! :)

Wear a pink carnation. ;) FYI, my wife called Aer Lingus to sort out something and they told her the flight is only half full.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭phonypony

.... and they told her the flight is only half full.

Might only need the one engine then ;)

Wear a pink carnation. ;) FYI, my wife called Aer Lingus to sort out something and they told her the flight is only half full.

Great, although somebody has booked a seat next to me! Hopefully it won't be full - nothing like a whole row to yourself! :D

phonypony wrote: »
    Might only need the one engine then ;)

Very comforting. Thanks. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

N7777G wrote: »
    Aer Lingus have several A330-200s - so how do you know EI-LAX is due to operate that flight?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Celtic Mech

John85 wrote: »

I can Guarantee you EI-LAX is not due to operate this flight on 10th June. At the minute its down as DUO

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

On May 13th I believe an A332 engine failed. I heard it was EI-LAX and it had been quite bothersome to Aer Lingus in the past. Just wanted to see if it had been fixed and was back on the route. :)
    There was an engine failure on an A332 out of Orlando on that day. It was handled professionally and safely,all passengers travelled home the following night.
    However it was the ENGINE that failed, not the AIRCRAFT. The aircraft sustained absolutely no damage whatsoever. So no need for you to be worried about which aircraft you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 EI-A330

Hi guys,said id ask this question here as i dont see many other threads to ask this on,I am flying to hong kong in july with ba and i am wondering could anybody tell me what there in flight entertainment system is like on there 747, do they have ptv's in all classes or is it only just in world traveller plus and first classes ?? 12 hours without a ptv would be a long flight.thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

EI-A330 wrote: »
    Hi guys,said id ask this question here as i dont see many other threads to ask this on,I am flying to hong kong in july with ba and i am wondering could anybody tell me what there in flight entertainment system is like on there 747, do they have ptv's in all classes or is it only just in world traveller plus and first classes ?? 12 hours without a ptv would be a long flight.thanks.

yeah all BA 747 have PTV

the crew go on strike alot though unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 30 EI-A330

cheers for that reply,as long as the pilots dont go on strike ill be fine.

Just checked-in online - It really is empty, the front is full! Moved my seat to the rear and have nobody around me... BLISS! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lifelike

Just checked-in online - It really is empty, the front is full! Moved my seat to the rear and have nobody around me... BLISS! :D

Very surprising to have a flight that empty in June. I recently went over with EI to New York and the plane was full.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Lifelike wrote: »
    Very surprising to have a flight that empty in June. I recently went over with EI to New York and the plane was full.

Not that surprising, we were planning to fly to Orlando last year and were booking flights via the UK and the travel agent offered the option of direct flights to Orlando with Aer Lingus and at that time it would have cost nearly €120 more to go with Aer Lingus. I've also just checked and making an outwards journey on a cheap day for Aer Lingus flights to Orlando within the next week and returning a fortnight later, it would cost €118 per passenger more than flying Dub-Gatwick-Orlando. Convenience is one thing, but when a family is going you can't justify paying that much more per person, while Orlando is a family holiday destination in a way that perhaps New York isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

my route to orlando for the last few years has been US Airways from shannon to Philadelphia and then onto Orlando,worked out about 410 return all in and there is plenty of flight connections from PHL.

• Advertisement

heyjude wrote: »
    Not that surprising, we were planning to fly to Orlando last year and were booking flights via the UK and the travel agent offered the option of direct flights to Orlando with Aer Lingus and at that time it would have cost nearly €120 more to go with Aer Lingus. I've also just checked and making an outwards journey on a cheap day for Aer Lingus flights to Orlando within the next week and returning a fortnight later, it would cost €118 per passenger more than flying Dub-Gatwick-Orlando. Convenience is one thing, but when a family is going you can't justify paying that much more per person, while Orlando is a family holiday destination in a way that perhaps New York isn't.

Made it in one piece to Orlando (on EI-DUO) - good flight.

Met another family here in our hotel from Dublin who took the Dub-Gatwick-Orlando option yesterday, they departed Dublin at 06.40 yesterday morning. We departed at 12.15 and we both arrived in Orlando at approx. the same time. I appreciate a €118 is a lot of money but personally I would prefer paying the extra for the convenience.

Advertisement