Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

further probability

Options
  • 07-06-2010 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

hey have many of yous done the further probability option and if so wat do yas tink of it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

As its easy enough i think.It can be done quicker then further calculus in my opinion and your grasp of probability doesnt have to be that great.They give out handy marks as well finding the mean and standard deviation.Covered further calculus as well so il have a choice on the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

yeah im in d same boat.tbh all 3 probability questions are quick and easy so long as there interpretetd right.

yeah exactly.Difference equation is handy marks too.Standard deviation can be tricky though .Part a's are dead handy

yeah sometimes all depends on the question..how many questions you plannin on doing for paper 2

If the probability questions go my way il do both options vectors the line the circle n one of the trig.worst case scenario il get stuck up in the circle or the line n panic n just about get six done.how bout urself?

• Advertisement

havntt really revised da further calculus so id say 1 ta 7 and 9

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

question 9 is really good!

So handy easy marks but if you dont manage to work out one of the parts it's all the marks gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

eoins23456 wrote: »
    If the probability questions go my way il do both options vectors the line the circle n one of the trig.worst case scenario il get stuck up in the circle or the line n panic n just about get six done.how bout urself?

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you only get marked on one of the option questions if you attempt two?

They mark the two of them and give u ur best mark.There always altering the marking scheme for the further calculus like giving 15 for the part a or c so people are doing badly in the question.Thats why im doing the two

Advertisement