Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping After Preforming Shows

Options
  • 07-06-2010 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭

I've been gigging with a Metal band for the guts of a decade, and I've always had a lot of trouble trying to sleep after shows. I get a trange sensation in my knees and elbows which forces me to move them, and try to shake off the feeling while lying down to sleep. This continues to the early hours of the morning.
    I've always thought that this was because the show calls for a lot of movement (running and jumping around the satge, and a fierce amount of headbanging), so my body is still quite adreniline shot when I'm trying to sleep afterwards. Lately though, I've been playing with a Rock covers band. It's a much more relaxing show, and it doesn't wear me out at all... yet still I suffer from the same problems when trying to sleep after the gig. Although I'm knackered, my body refuses to let me rest easy.

Does this happen to anybody else after preformances? And, if so, is there a way to combat it for a good nights sleep?

Advertisement