Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare basssist available!

Options
  • 07-06-2010 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Living in Kilcullen, looking for gigs as its so hard to get an actual job.
    I've been in pub cover bands before and i have about 2-3 years gigging experience in vasiour places.
    Been playing for 6-7 years, played a lot of pub music (mainly rock and classic rock) I'm good for playing punk funk and metal too.

I'm ready to go now! No problem with being thrown into the deep end. The other night I covered for Blackwaters bassist with less than 24hrs to learn the full set.

Examples of my playing;
    Morning Glory (Oasis cover)

Maxwell Murder (Rancid Cover)

I'm currently also playing with an original singer/song writer and an original band called Kick Out The Poets and would be interested in other original projects.

http://www.myspace.com/kickoutthepoets
    Check out don't, carolina, and starry skies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cvk

Hey

We're looking for a bass player. We're in Kildare (newbridge) play mostly originals. Check this link out
    www.myspace.com/niallandcathal

The songs on myspace are more or less what we sound like...however the newer material is alot more funky.

We are recording in June/July and are just back from an Audition in London for 'must be the music' for Sky TV

Anyway have a listen and email me if ur interested,

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

YouTube links edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Bill_Le_Viking

Malice_ wrote: »
    YouTube links edited.
    Sorry, didn't realise yer supposed to embed em! My bad

Hey, you don't have a drummer do you, it seems to be midi or something yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Sorry, didn't realise yer supposed to embed em! My bad
    There's no need to apologise, there's no requirement to embed them. I just prefer watching the video in the Boards environment rather than having to open another tab.

• Advertisement

Yeah it does seem easier, shall do it like that from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cvk

We're trying a few different drummers and see who fits...no one definet yet. R u interested in that type of music?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fontenoy

Bill would you be interested in doing some gigs with an established Irish ballad group? We're a 3 piece and looking to take on a bass player ASAP for gigs around Christmas and possibly beyond. PM me if interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Tangent1

We are an original band in need of a bassist who is willing to work towards the ultimate goal - touring the continent (and beyond), playing festivals (and bigger), supporting our records, earning royalties all the while. Lots of room for creativity, yet keeping the focus of clever accessibility. Influences range from Santana and Phish to Yes and Pink Floyd. If you sing, that's a bonus but not required. All serious replies welcome.

Fontenoy and Tangent1,
    I would be interested in both projects. Can you guys give me rough age groups (not that it matters much, its all really about the players ability) I will be in ballyfermont monday - friday from next week onwards so inchicore would suit to give me something to do on evenings perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭niall1976

Hey Bill,

We 're looking for a bass player for our originals band based in Straffan.

Have a listen to 3 of our songs here. Drift is probable the best song.

http://soundcloud.com/breakinglight

Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers,
    N

Hey I had a listen and I'm afraid its not quiiiite the type of music I'd be interested in playing. Good luck finding a bassist though :)

Cheers,
    Gav.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 eadgbedown

Hi Bill Le.

A two piece here looking for a bass player for Pub gigs and the likes,Based in Kill, would like to tie up and see if we could gel..Give me a shout if still available.

Ray

We're in our thirties. This Thursday evening would be a good time to drop over and have a listen to see what you think. Let me know if that suits you, ok? Thanks, Bill.

Tangent1: I'm still living in Kildare this week I won't be in ballyfermot until Monday so it would have to be next week I'm afraid (any evening mon - thurs should suit me)

Now in saying that I'm a student and I don't drive so transporting my equipment might prove to be a bit of a hastle. The bass is no problem but my amp is a Marshall MB150 so I can't exactly carry it ha.
    By the way, I'm 18, thought I put that in my original post, hope that doesn't make a difference to ya. Though I'm young I take my music fairly seriously. Can sing a lil too btw (thin Lizzy style stuff)

Ray: What kinda music are ya playing? And what does this 2 piece consist of? :)

Bill, let's meet up and see if this will work. This Wednesday afternoon/evening would be good for us. We've got a bass amp here in the house. Send me an email at wileywynne@yahoo.ie, and we'll exchange numbers. It's not about age, it's about attitude - we wanna rock!

Advertisement