Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backsplash Tiling

• 07-06-2010 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hey all, I'm going tiling my backsplash (have tiled before). I'm going using the tiles shown in the pictures. The tiles are 10mm thick and roughly 100mm square. My questions are:
    1) What size grout gaps should I leave, I have used 2mm spacers in the photo

2) I have a wall tiling trowel already but do I need a special one (with smaller notches) for tiles this size. Any other advice would be welcome, Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Advice..... If you have done it before that covers the techanical stiff about adhesives etc.

Practical stuff....

Use over the cooker as a reference and centre the tiles here. Buy a glass splash back in argos to protect your tiles.

If you choose not to use a glass splashback or stainless steel back consider sealing your grout as its a bitch to clean.

Consider your counters. Are they old new. Will you be changing them if so com up a spacer off the counter top. This can be sealed later with the counter or tiled colour silicone....

Advertisement