Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comparative

Options
  • 07-06-2010 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Look I know this has been asked a million and one times but could someone break down the diffrences for the three comparatives.I've a fair idea of culture context but still abit iff about General vision and view point and the other one((crap forgot its name :eek:))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

Well general vision and viewpoint is how a story makes us feel.
    And literary genre(!) is about how a story is told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Literary Genre - How the story is told

Stuff like:
      1st/3rd person Narrative Stage directions/Dialogue Character Development Time Span Use of social commentary Use of humour/poetry/imagery

Didn't do GV+V

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

I actually wonder about this too LOL

I think cultural context is the world of the text like place they live and stuff.
    Literary genre is how the story is told, like with camera angles, imagery, decription, lighting music etc.

and vision and viewpoint is the message fo the text, like what does it tell you is it positive or negative, like in say billy elliot where it is follow your dreams and be yourself

might be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

General vision and viewpoint is the outlook of the author/director/playwright etc and whether this outlook is positive/negative.
    Take the author, state what their outlook/agenda on creating the book/movie/play was and show how they do this throughout the text.Basically techniques of novel - dialouge and description, film - relies on cinematography, play relies on dialogue etc.

For example, Jane Austen's outlook in Pride and Prejudice can be said to be relationships and how marriage partner determines happiness in one's life and she sets this agenda at the beginning of her novel with her opening statement.

Literary Genre as stated is the way in which texts are told and someone summed up what's required up there haha.
    Hope what I said helped anyway!

Advertisement