Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goldeneye remake heading to the WII!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Sounds great. Am looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

god I hope then dont put daniel craig face in it.

I hate that guy,.

I really hope they replace him in the next film.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

They better not **** this one up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

cable842 wrote: »

I hate that guy,.

+1

I have a bad feeling about this. But at least still have perfect dark on the 360.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's going to need serious work to stand up to the current crop of FPS games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

I hate that guy,.

What? He's the best James Bond since Connery. Far better than that ponce Broson.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Bulktohulk wrote: »
    What? He's the best James Bond since Connery. Far better than that ponce Broson.

Easily. Really like him as Bond.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Anyone play Goldeneye: Double Agent? I fear any James Bond games after being subjected to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

I hate that guy,.

Jun
    Nintendo
    GoldenEye Remake for Wii and DS Leaked by Activision
    RSS by Evan Elden Eller 1 day ago, 50499 views

* Digg
    * ?
    * ?
    * Twitter
    * Facebook

I thought waiting 12 years for a StarCraft sequel was bad, but it turns out we've actually been waiting 13 years for a GoldenEye remake, and we didn't even know it was coming. Many companies have wanted to remake the game, and everybody else has wanted to play it, but it's always been held up by red tape. The James Bond License was bought by Electronic Arts in 1999, and then by Activision in 2007. However, the original GoldenEye 007 game for the Nintendo 64 was owned by Nintendo and Rare, and Rare is now owned by Microsoft, leading to a tragic custody battle over the years. Microsoft wouldn't let Nintendo re-release the original on the Wii's Virtual Console, and Nintendo wouldn't let Rare remake it for the 360's XBLA. Now we know why. Activision has their own remake ready, and it's exclusively for Nintendo's Wii and DS systems.

GoNintendo received an anonymous tip about a leaked Activision survey, with pictures of two covers for a Wii game, a golden Classic Controller, and a new Wii Zapper modeled after the infamous Golden Gun. It also had this tasty quote, revealing that the game will have improved graphics and physics, 8 player online multiplayer, and Daniel Craig will be replacing Pierce Brosnan:

"GoldenEye for the Nintendo 64 was a game that defined a genre. Now, after 13 years of gaming innovation, the legend is re-imagined. Developed from the ground up for the Wii, GoldenEye takes advantage of the latest technology to deliver the same intense experience with today's graphics and physics. Play a modernized version of the classic story with the new Bond (Daniel Craig), more lethal and cunning than ever as you take on missions around the world. Relive all the legendary moments from the original game: St Petersburg, the Caribbean and numerous other levels. Leverage the classic arsenal of weapons and gadgets as you fight Onatopp, Trevelyan and their adversaries, from the classic PP7 to the high tech assault rifle, sniper rifles and even the tank. The enhanced multiplayer experience offers 4 player split-screen like the original and introduces 8 player online matches. GoldenEye is 13 years better, are you?"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This is going to suck. Lets not ruin its memory by trying to re-release it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Oh dear. I've got a bad feeling about this. :(

At least it might open the possibility of Rare releasing their shelved XBLA port of Goldeneye. If I recall correctly, they had received permission to release it from all of the relevant parties other than Nintendo... so now that they're making a profit off of the carcass of what once was Goldeneye, hopefully they'll let Rare do the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Anyone play Goldeneye: Double Agent? I fear any James Bond games after being subjected to that.

+1.

Rogue Agent was an EA game. Activision are the new EA. Therefore, we can conclude that this new Goldeneye will suck.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If I recall correctly, they had received permission to release it from all of the relevant parties other than Nintendo...

Nintendo have no rights to Goldeneye. It was the owners of the Bond license at the time that turned it down which i think was Activision at the time.

I agree with most people here that it will suck :(
    However to put it into perspective, given that the game was just so damn good for its time back then I think its now near impossible to beat the experience it gave us.
    But I'll still buy it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nintendo have no rights to Goldeneye. It was the owners of the Bond license at the time that turned it down which i think was Activision at the time.

But they did publish Goldeneye originally... I think that does entitle them to some say in what happens to it now. As far as I know Activision gave them the go ahead! Could be wrong, but that's what I heard.

You might be right, there's reports of both nintendo and activision being the culprits.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

I hope this is as good or better than Duke Nukem Forever! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

It's not going to need much work to stand up to the current crop of FPS games on the Wii.

I hate it when people do this, but FYP!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

What the hairy Christ are they doing putting that donkey Daniel Craig in it?? He wasn't even in Goldeneye!

Retards.

tman wrote: »
    I hate it when people do this, but FYP!

I suppose all that janky level geometry, archaic AI, tiny multiplayer arenas, lack of a jump button, constantly respawning enemies, multitudes of crates and red barrels, awful tank mission and even worse gaurd natalia mission is going to stand up today?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

and even worse gaurd natalia mission

that fukin bitch just couldnt hurry the fuk up

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Activision in whoring-out of beloved franchise shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Jazzy wrote: »
    that fukin bitch just couldnt hurry the fuk up

And if you lost her she used to go hide in the attic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

hal9000 wrote: »
    I hope this is as good or better than Duke Nukem Forever! :pac:

Not possible, DNF is the best game of the decade

Also damnit. I dont have a Wii and i dont want one so no Goldeneye for me.

yeah I played it it was god awful.

I really wouldnt put it past them putting him in it at all.

He is the current bond and hopefully the last one was his last one and they put a proper bond in his place.

aka Clive Owen he was meant too get it.
    FruitLover wrote: »
    What the hairy Christ are they doing putting that donkey Daniel Craig in it?? He wasn't even in Goldeneye!

Retards.

Speaking of Daniel craig i was at home enjoying a nice cup of green tea and I seen on the couch there was a mag the national enquirery sitting there so i flicked threw the pages.

Daniel Craig caught kissing another man in a bar.

one word priceless. :)

Oh I say 007

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Goldeneye remake heading to the WII!

F**K... it will be horrible, FPS games should be illegal on the wii

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Korvanica wrote: »
    F**K... it will be horrible, FPS games should be illegal on the wii
    When done properly, they actually work pretty well.

• Advertisement

Advertisement