Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washer broken. Can I get reimbursed for laundry fees?

Options
  • 07-06-2010 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I have another issue with this damn rental property. Washing machine is broken. I told the landlord in person that it was leaking some weeks ago but he did nothing. Now its totally dead.

I don't think he will be willing to replace it as there are only a few weeks left to run on the lease and it is supposedly going to be converted to a commercial unit.

This leaves me out of pocket as I will have to start paying in a laundrette for clean clothes. If he does not replace it do I have any entitlement to reimbursment of my laudry receipts does anyone know? A washing machine was part of the deal after all!

(The big problem is that the relationship is turning sour as he is trying to break the lease early and I'm citing law that he can't.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You won't get a full reimbursement - washing would cost you anyway in electricity and soap powder.

Write everything down and write him a formal letter of complaint. Mention the PRTB.

Advertisement