Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE TV Weather Forecasts: Change to maps

Options
  • 07-06-2010 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

In the last couple of days I've noticed that the weather forecasts on RTE 1 after the 6pm News bulletin have stopped using maps and predictions for the whole North Atlantic. They now focus in very tightly on Ireland so you can't see the bigger picture.

Anybody else notice this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

The fact that we have a very slow moving low pressure cell off the south coast means we have no need to look further beyond the range shown. The Atlantic is used when systems follow quickly in off the ocean.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Damn I got excited there for a minute when I saw the thread title.

I thought they had started to use a sat24 type system.

Or even made the rain radar to the West a bit better , or copy the BBC:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Stan Nangle

I haven't seen anything on the BBC that compared to the way RTE used to do it.

You could see the predictions for the weather fronts off the East Coast of the US, off Iceland, over Central Europe, and off Portugal.

Lets hope it was just a temporary thing. It would be a shame to lose the only meaningful weather forecasts on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Yeah, I hope its temporary, its not as good when they have it focused so far east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Laois has become Laoise.

Neighbours.....you will always be Laois to me :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement