Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you know what forum it is in?

Options
  • 07-06-2010 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭

When you click on a thread and are shown the ''you do not have access to this forum'' screen, how do you know what forum the thread is in? I have often pressed links to be told this, and I don't know how I can ask a mod for access if I don't know what forum it is.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There isn't really any way of telling tbh. If you hover over the link you'll see the number of the forum in the url in the bottom left of the screen, but there's no indexed list of forums. Basically the way it goes with private forums is that if they want you to join you'll be invited to do so. There are a few exceptions to this where you can just ask for access. Off the top of my head they include:

- Soccer (access requested through the Soccer Forum Requests forum)
    - Ranting & Raving
    - Spell Czechs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Thanks . . .

Advertisement